gscrugg2

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2007
I am finally getting a new video card and getting rid if my failing ATI x1900GT. Ordered for 256$ from mwave.com the EVGA 8800GT Superclocked with overnight shipping and it is in stock! You can't beat the price of the superclocked EVGA version.

EricVPI

Distinguished
May 15, 2006
I just had to deal with their customer service. No waiting or automated options, very helpful. Got my issue resolved asap.

It's like the personal touch of Dunder-Mifflin.

pinaplex

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2007
good thing for eVGA and their step-up program, my step-up request was accepted and i'm sending in my 320mb GTS for a 512mb GT, AND they're giving me a credit of $27 ($40-$13 for shipping) since i bought the GTS for $299.....LOL.....I love it when a company lives up to it's promises!

DiamondWraith

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2006
That's awesome pinaplex... I've always wondered how easy it is to step up.

What will you do while you wait? :) and how long till they have it out to you?

EricVPI

Distinguished
May 15, 2006
Now the product I ordered doesn't even show up in search anymore. Only the uber oc'd models show up at mwave now (675 and 700 mhz).

Newegg is charging 270-280. This was supposed to have an MSRP of 250. Ack. Don't pay more than 260 if you can help it...

honestjohn_

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2007

Congrats on the new card. Nothing beats that feeling of anticipation, other than actually using the card and finding it works as advertised. Enjoy.

I've used them twice and they have a bad habit of listing something as being in stock when it isn't. Haven't used them in quite a while.

Flingpoo

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2007

I was about to post the same link.

I just ordered mine (EVGA), because, well,....I'm a weak, weak man.
Well, that and I should have everything tomorrow to finish my system! :wahoo:

pinaplex

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2007

Well, i got the acceptance on the step-up request almost immediately. Then i had to email (or fax) in the invoice for the original purchase. they said it would take 2-3 business days to process the invoice. After that, I send in my card, and they said the new card will be shipped out within 3 business days of receipt of the GTS.

All this is tracked online on the eVGA support site, so its been very easy to do so far, i'll keep you all posted on the process.....

wstcoaster07

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
Anybody know why newegg is gradually posting their cards? seems like they post a new 8800GT every hour. for christ sake, post the SSC version already.... haha. (unfortunately some of us had to work this morning and could not get them before they sold out elsewhere.

gscrugg2

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2007
Well, I was just posting that I was able to order an 8800GT for the other people wondering where to purchase one and what website I used.

EricVPI

Distinguished
May 15, 2006
"I've used them twice and they have a bad habit of listing something as being in stock when it isn't. "

Shh...don't scare me.

wstcoaster07

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
I haven't seen any site mention it yet but does the single slot cooler increase case temps and therefore possible increase in CPU temp? My logic would say yes but just curious. if so, is there anyone releasing a dual slot design to blow heat out the back instead?

G

This guy is lying. I just called eVGA about the same thing, and they also just processed my 8800GT 512MB for my 8800GTS 320MB. They told me and I quote "We do not offer credits like that, will will simply exchange the cards and you must pay the shipping charges."

And when I processed my step-up on their website, it was an even swap and they charge $13 or $14 for shipping. You do not get a credit. I bought the GTS for $290 and asked specifically if there'd be a credit, they said it was an even swap. I asked if I could step up to the SSC model, they said only the entry 8800GT 512MB was available for step-up. All of this checked out on their website step-up application.

I have to ask, whats the point in lying on an online message board? Who are you trying to impress? Or are you just really trying to talk up eVGA's step-up program? Because the step-up is a ripoff that just works out ok in this situation. I still have to spend $14 to upgrade my card that cost $290 to one that costs $230. And if the 8800GT hadn't come out, there are no other decent deals at all for the card. Its almost better to sell on ebay I think.

Sid3way

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007

that's a crap load of markups

fry's selling the same unit for $229 if you're willing to wait for ~7-10 business days (just called Fry's).

i noticed newegg's prices have been quite high lately. there was a time when they kept the prices low to gain customers and loyalties, and slowly bringing the prices up hoping people wont noticed.