HDD Error screen after installation

mattmofomoe

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2008
Hey all, I have a HDD Problem.

I was installing my old HDD into my new rig. It's an old 80gb WD that is being put in with my Seagate 250gb HDD. I just need it there to copy files over, and then pull it and format it for use in an old computer. I plugged it into my mobo and plugged power into it and then booted up the computer. I was then greeted with this error message:

"A problem has been detected and windows has to shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you'veseen this Stop error screen restart your computer. If it happens again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0X0000007B (0xBACC3524, 0x0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)"

I powered down and tried again. It said the same. I then Removed the 80gb HDD and it worked fine. I need the files though, so if you have any advice I'd be greatly appreciative. The only thing I can think of is that I'm running Vista on my 250gb regular drive and XP is loaded on the other. THANKS!!