jestjest

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
Hello. I just got a BSOD for the first time in forever. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Specs:

AMD Athlon 64X2 5000+ BE (Clocked at 3ghz)
2GB Corsair Ram
9600GT Geforce
250gb HD
Win XP SP3 32-bit

So I was playing Warcraft with firefox in the background listening to a radio station. Do this all the time never have a problem. Sound looped a little or something, then BSOD, then restart (as I've only ever had one BSOD in the year or so I've used this PC, I've never bothered enabling that option that makes BSOD's stay on the screen for long)

The only thing I saw was "Bad Pool Caller". I checked event viewer and found the following:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000c2 (0x00000007, 0x00000cd4, 0x0000002f, 0x8a41f008). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini032010-01.dmp.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

So I don't have the tools to check out the mini dump or the experience to. So I'm hoping the codes I linked alone would prove enough information for someone to point me in the right direction. I ran anti virus / malware / spyware checks not so long ago and see nothing suspicious in my task manager so I don't think it's that. I'm gonna run CCleaner now to clear out temp files and generally tidy up the system a little and hope that helps.

Look forward to any input, thanks.