Out of which 8800gt's are the best?

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
I'll have to agree. I like both ASUS and evga, but the forums and support over at evga are pretty good... and they probably have a little bit of an edge in the graphics dept.

G

Step-up is pretty much useless, but in this case where the 8800GT is out and cheaper/better than the 8800GTS, its the only rare time (once in a blue moon type deal) that using the step-up program isnt a total ripoff.

Kamrooz

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
I would only buy from 2 companies. IMO all other choices except EVGA, BFG, and XFX are garbage. Not because of performance..But EVGA and XFX are the only ones with special programs. They are the only companies with life time warranties. Also EVGA has the step up program...But In my eyes XFX is far better. If you sell the product to a 2nd hand buyer...They too get a lifetime warranty. With XFX you can also overclock without worrying since there warranty covers that as well. Also, adding a after market heatsink doesn't void the warranty....You just need to replace it with the original if you intend to RMA it. BFG is nice also..They have a lifetime warranty as well, but, they don't offer any specific programs...IMO XFX is the best..Although they tend to cost a little more then the others. When thinking about performance, They are all very similar.

aadamszc

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2007

Very well said. I just can't see myself buying a Gigabyte, MSI, etc.

Kamrooz

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
Same. I kinda chuckle when people suggest buying these other brand cards. Why spend the same price buying an MSI with a 1 year warranty when you can get an EVGA model with a life time warranty? It just doesn't make sense to buy these alternative solutions. Even if EVGA or XFX turns out to be 20-50 dollars more expensive (not very often)...it's still a lifetime warranty.

I just wish that the ATI partners would follow suite. Only these 2 nvidia partners offer these services. There is currently no ATI partner which has a lifetime warranty or similar programs. A real shame...But who knows...Maybe some time will change things on that front.

aznstriker92

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
Theres 4 version of the evga. regular, superclocked, KO, super superclocked.
The fastest one runs on a 700mhz core, 2000 mem, 1900 shader i beleve. Not really sure about the shader but im pretty positive.

nukchebi0

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2006

Actually, it saved me from having to live with an 6800XT that I couldn't return to Newegg and was terrible junk. 7600GT >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 6800XT.

On a side note: the 6800XT is the biggest joke ever for a card. I am so glad I got lucky enough to figure out the graphics card market based on more than memory before I lost the opportunity to step-up.

emp

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004

Well said, except to me eVGA is a bit better than XFX (This is just personal preference). One bad thing that I'd like to point out about BFG is that their products are usually more expensive than the rest for no reason.

ktolle31

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2007
I have always preferred evga, but thats just me. Another thing, does anyone know of any etailers that have the evga 8800gt in stock. I dont even see it listed on newegg.

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006

Wow the EVGA was there earier today, seems there out of stock in less then a day. These 8800GT's are going to set records for most sold graphics card!

Valtiel

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2005
I'm very pleased with my Foxconn 8800GTX, I would buy from Foxconn again. They seem cheaper than others, and they even make video cards for some of the top companies like eVGA and XFX. I even got a black PCB on my card, which made me happy :)

elite2005

Distinguished
May 27, 2006
lol ok uh they took out the evga's from newegg apparently...either way mine was already ordered and on the way here yesterday so ill see how it goes when it arrives tomorrow.

Kamrooz

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007

To each his own ^_^. EVGA is a fantastic brand though. But the main reason I prefer XFX over EVGA is their program in my eyes is a bit better. With EVGA you have a 3 month step up program...But with XFX you can just sell it on ebay. The upside is the life time warranty is passed on to the buyer as well. This will let you sell it quickly. For my next rig nabbing an XFX card. This way I can buy the newest high end, Wait till the next new high end is about to be released, and sell it on ebay for 50-150 below current retail. Then I just slap on a couple extra bills and buy the new high end. I'm basically guaranteed a high end card indefinitely by just slapping on 1-300 dollars each time. The only downside is you lose your old card obviously. But with this plan I can have the card for as long as I want without worry of my 3 month step up programs expiration. ^_^

Also being able to OC it without worry is great. Last thing I want is to fry the card and have the manufacturer void the warranty. Same goes with aftermarket heatsinks...Don't get me wrong though. EVGA is top notch. But IMO XFX has a better program that keeps me worry free...Especially considering how much I like to OC/Mod my hardware.