Help... Need a really good Blu-ray burner

Hey Everyone

I am looking for a good blu ray burner to write my video files to. I am an independant producer and want to be able to master my HD video projects to Blu-ray.

What experience have you had with the burners? About how long can I expect to wait for a 4x burner to write a single sided disk? Also i have heard that some burners don't work in Vista 64bit? (Sony has at least one). Any general impressiones would be great.

Thanks in advance :)
6 answers Last reply
More about help good burner
  1. You would be wise to ask this question to the people over at CDfreaks.com

But honestly, the encoding process used is MUCH more important than the medium. (note: the overwhelming number of BR titles still using MPEG2)
  2. Thanks Skittle

I am not so much worried about what codec I use to write my files as I am finding a good burner that works well...

Any suggestions would be appreciated
  3. flyhiloone said:
    Thanks Skittle

I am not so much worried about what codec I use to write my files as I am finding a good burner that works well...

Any suggestions would be appreciated

You should be... otherwise why bother using BR at all?
  4. Skittle,
    I'm not worried about it because thats not the topic of this thread. I asked about burners not software/codec solutions to burn my files. I know what i am doing, I will be using either MPEG2 or the VC1 codec for burning depending on which one Encore supports... But thanks for being so worried about it.

I still need someone to suggests a good Blu-ray burner though. Please guys someone has to have had some experience... Any help would be appreciated.
  5. sorry^^ I just see so many badly mastered DVDs these days...

But I would assume that many of the BR burners available produce very similar results... because they are so new to the market I cant imagine that there are many different manufacturers for the parts.

Speed: 4xCLV for a 25gb disk will take around 25min to burn.
  6. I have 6X Blue-Ray Read/Write ...It play BLue Ray & HD-DVD. Its made by LG...

Its ~ $350... May be lesser this days...

The drive is pretty good and reliable...
Ask a new question

Read More

Optical Media Burner Video Blu-ray Storage