Sign in with
Your question

Core 2 Duo E2140 vs Pentium 4D 920 (Dual 2.8 Ghz) 4MB Cache

Last response: in CPUs
October 20, 2007 8:43:02 PM

Pentium 4D 920 (Dual 2.8 Ghz) 4MB Cache vs e2140
i want to use the e2140
i can get the Pentium 4D 920 (Dual 2.8 Ghz) 4MB Cache for 10 pound more if i want
but what would be better for games
please help
October 20, 2007 9:17:24 PM

Joefriday..... what are you talking about? I didn't use the edit button and remove my childish remarks!

To the forums, sorry, stooped to a low level, will refrain from it in the future. I had lowbrowitis. It's been cured since.
Related resources
October 20, 2007 9:38:29 PM

That's some pretty lowbrow humor there weskurtz. I thought you were better than that. :( 

To the OP: The D 920 actually performs a little bit worse than the e2140 on average. You definitely don't want to pay more for less performance. Stick with the Pentium E2140.
October 20, 2007 9:41:54 PM

i just need system that will palys games quite well
i need to get a graphincs card 110 pound and vista basic for a decent price
but is it despretly needing a cpu update
October 20, 2007 10:27:29 PM

Never ever ever in your entire life pick the the Pentium D. The Pentium Dual-core, is okay but not the Pentium D series. The Pentium D is really out-dated, highly inefficient, produces a lot of heat, and is overly expensive for the money you pay for it. Stick to the E2140. If you want to overclock, the E2160 would be a better choice for like 20USD more.
October 20, 2007 11:33:40 PM

joefriday said:
That's some pretty lowbrow humor there weskurtz. I thought you were better than that. :( 

To the OP: The D 920 actually performs a little bit worse than the e2140 on average. You definitely don't want to pay more for less performance. Stick with the Pentium E2140.

I know, I slip up every now and then and say something stupid. :pfff:  (couldn't find the embarrassed smiley)......

Just to give you a back ground on the Pentium D-eez nutz..... When I was in the military (there is a key to the entire thing) a good friend of mine bought an 820 thinking it would be a good performer. He, at that time, was an Intel fanboy. I had a X2 3800 which pretty much blew his 820 away in every task. So, when we would start to discuss his Pentium D I would chime in with the afore mentioned phrase.

When I posted it I know I was being childish, but despite my better judgment I posted it.

To add something useful to this thread. Stay away from the Pentium D's and all of netburst. If you cannot afford Core 2 and the Pentium D is less expensive(don't know the pricing at this time) go with AMD. If the price is close, and you can afford it, go with any of the Core 2 cpu's. You will be much better off and will not regret it.
October 20, 2007 11:40:32 PM

Old technology is not worth actual money IMO. Sometimes not even for free.
!