Rivatuner 2.06 and Fan setting problems, need help

I am having trouble setting up fan profiles with Rivatuner 2.06. I followed every step in this guide:
http://www.guru3d.com/article/article/449/ but still the fan is locked at either auto (60%) or what ever % I set it at.
I was hoping to have auto-profiles for the different temps of my GPU as in the guide but no matter the temp the fan % never changes. Is there another way to do this or am I just doing it wrong?

Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanx!
5 answers Last reply
More about rivatuner setting problems help
  1. It worked for me.

But one time it didn't launch while I was playing a game. :(

I got mad and just set it manually.
  2. Evilonigiri said:
    It worked for me.

When you were done setting up the profiles, what did you set your fan to: Auto or Fixed. I assume Auto, because fixed is just that, fixed. But in Auto my fan speed never changes from 60%, no matter the temp of the GPU.
  3. Trialsking said:
    When you were done setting up the profiles, what did you set your fan to: Auto or Fixed. I assume Auto, because fixed is just that, fixed. But in Auto my fan speed never changes from 60%, no matter the temp of the GPU.

Do everything the guide tells you.

Then restart the pc. I had trouble too until I decided to restart the pc.
  4. Restart did nothing. So I deleted all the profiles and started again. I think I got it to work. When I ran a game the Fan jump to 100% even though it was still in the 80% profile, but when i closed the game it dropped back to the 80%. Guess it works now sort of. I had tried 2 times before with no luck, I did the exact same thing both other times. Basically I am trying to use the high fans only when need to save wear on the fan and reduce noise when not need.
  5. Started playing STALKER, GPU was at 71 c, and the fan was still at 80% when it should be at 100%. Riva says that it is fixed at 80%. I didnt touch anything after I set it up. I guess I get what I paid for it - - - - - nothing. Riva Tuner you suck at fan speed, but good for OCing. :kaola:
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Fan Overclocking