Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Quicktime want open

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
March 20, 2010 11:26:40 PM

Hello
quicktime stop running i have installed and unistalled numerious times, keeps giving me message it has encounterd a problem, have got hp support and also apple support. where is the problem after 3 days of continuious work how can this possibly be fixed before someone entirely wipes out my system

More about : quicktime open

March 21, 2010 3:47:56 AM

Download Irfanview. It not only reads .mov, the Quicktime format, but close to 200 others. Quicktime is a bloated, unnecessary program.
m
0
l
a b α HP
March 21, 2010 5:24:18 AM

What kind of file are you trying to play in quicktime? Do any video file extensions play?

For a work around, I would suggest trying VLC media player. It's probably the best media player available.
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
m
0
l
Related resources
April 1, 2010 1:10:40 AM

graywolf said:
Download Irfanview. It not only reads .mov, the Quicktime format, but close to 200 others. Quicktime is a bloated, unnecessary program.



Does this program also play music? Itunes along with quicktime is one download and both programs are not playing. I do use media player. The file is a .mov file..... It does play in media player but the color is totally distorted to a blueish black and white its strange and i need the color to show in detail because its a .mov file that teaches me painting. Thank you I will download the program you recommended as soon as you respond to this one thank you so much it has been stressfull !
m
0
l
April 1, 2010 1:13:35 AM

aford10 said:
What kind of file are you trying to play in quicktime? Do any video file extensions play?

For a work around, I would suggest trying VLC media player. It's probably the best media player available.
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/


Media player plays the .mov file but color is distorted to a blueish black and white and needs to be color defined because it is a training .mov file that teaches painting techn. Along with quicktime itunes is also the same download but its really no problem there because i can play music with media player, but it really confuses my to why all of a sudden it just stop working and thats both of them! After weeks of stress I appreciate your input ! Thanks !
m
0
l
April 1, 2010 3:25:32 AM

rosa said:
Does this program also play music? Itunes along with quicktime is one download and both programs are not playing. I do use media player. The file is a .mov file..... It does play in media player but the color is totally distorted to a blueish black and white its strange and i need the color to show in detail because its a .mov file that teaches me painting. Thank you I will download the program you recommended as soon as you respond to this one thank you so much it has been stressfull !


Irfanview plays most common music files, mp3 wav, au, snd, ogg, midi, etc. Look in Options>Properties/Settings>Extensions on the menu bar to associate file extensions with it.

It does not have a full-featured player with all the bells and whistles, as it is mostly an image viewer and editor. You can adjust the volume and other simple controls. It picks up about 6 diff video formats, eliminating QTime and WMP. I like to have as few programs with overlapping functions as possible.

To play music files consecutively, VLC is fine, but I had a lot of problems configuring the several interfaces and never could get it to show a playlist. The help file is online, and is sadly lacking.
m
0
l
!