overclocking

CaligulaSB

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008
Hey im new here and need some info...
I currently have an Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4Ghz running at 3.00Ghz
thats the first time i overclocked my system (did some research) i did my over clocking using a P5K ATX mobo and a Cooler Master Hyper 212, 2x fans on each side of the heatsink... i have my vcore on 1.32 and idk anything about the memory being OCed.. i know my timings are 5-5-5-12.. so my system usually idles on temps at 29C under full load 39C never goes over 40C i did a torture test with Prime95 and didnt really know much about the program so i clicked on something that would test my system... but i knew it was torture test cuz it said it.. anyway i ran that for 6 hours... and my temps never went over 40C and got 0 errors and 0 warnings... so my question is... is my vcore 2 high for 3.00GHz and could i get it to 3.6Ghz at 400MHz FSB.. multiplier at x9 with that cooling system that has 3 120mm fans blowing out and massive heatsink without going past 40C on full load? and i need some info on my how to OC this with my memory which i currently have 4GB 2 samsung and 2 Crucial... thanx in advance