SiriusStarr

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2007
Hi all,

I recently finished my new build, using the Asus Blitz Formula (P35) mobo. I'm having a really peculiar POST issue. I have 4x 1GB sticks of OCZ PC2-9200 FlexXLC Edition. If I put in two sticks, the RAM runs fine at DDR2-1066. If I put in three sticks, I can only run at DDR2-667. If I put in all four, it fails POST at DETDRAM. It's not a bad slot or memory module, as any combination will yield the same results. It's not a PSU issue; I have an 850 watt PSU. I've tried underclocking the RAM to 800 and 667, and I've tried increasing voltage to the NB and RAM, but no matter what I do, I can't get it to POST with four DIMM's! I know the P35 chipset has stability issues with 4x at 1066, but this isn't a matter of stability. I'm waiting on both tech support and forum at Asus. No luck there so far, so I was hoping someone here might have a brilliant solution to my problem.

Oh yeah; it's liquid cooled, so I can't really try the RAM in another board or try different RAM in this board without incurring about four hours of work. I'm going to try some different RAM in my motherboard (should be able to stretch the tubing far enough) if I can get my hands on four modules.

Thanks in advance,
Sirius

akhilles

Splendid
Post the specs.

Typically, with 4 sticks of ram, ddr2 voltage must be increased to or near specs. i.e. my ocz is rated at 2.1v & my bios is set up to run ddr2 at 2.1v.

You can try setting up ram in bios with 1/2 sticks & then shut down & install the rest. You can also try each stick in each of the 4 slots & memtest it. If any of them fails, it may be faulty.

roadrunner197069

Splendid
Sep 3, 2007
Read your manual better. My Asus board says you have to run the 1066 ram at 800 speeds. I have a PK5 SE. Where it says it runs 1066 it has a * by the 1066* read what the star says to do and you will be fine.

SiriusStarr

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2007
Trust me. I've clocked it at 1066, 800, and 667, and none of them work. As far as voltage goes, spec is 2.3, and I've increased up to 2.4 with no luck.

predaking

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2007
do you have the latest bios?

my asus p5n-e sli does not like all the banks full. i'm running 3 gig of ram instead of the 4 due to stability issues.

TRENDING THREADS