atoparis

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2007
does anyone know wehre i can find a manual or pdf that explains what the beeps mean

its a cooler master centurion 534 case and a gigabyte p35 mobo... cant fine anything thats worthy...

thanks

atoparis

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2007
i figured it out, listen how dumb...

ok it was my cpu fan alarm going off becuase it wasnt on... but it takes like a split second for the fan to come on when i reboot, well in that split second it takes to turn on, the alarm sounds... i thought the great raid was taking place or something... i just turned the alrm off and it fixed it... i guess thats high risk high reward... a cpu overheating vesus my ears bleeding....

Zarroc

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2007
General rule:

Beeps are bad.

My mobo has four LEDs, and whether they are red or green tells me the fault. would be hnady, apart from they are on the back of the case!

blashyrkh

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2007
That reminds me of my old MSI KT3-266 motherboard. What a great board, but everytime I had a problem (which was seldom to none, that board has been working since 2002 with an athlon XP1900+ flawlessly), I had to bend under my desk and crawl through a sea of cables (yes, I'm not the tidiest person out there) to check the four LED's for a code. What a hustle!