"New" SIMS card from Cingular

sammy

Upgraded to a MPx220 recently and the Cing rep pushed giving me a new
SIMS card saying that it would improve the phone's performace. Of
course he couldn't elaborate on what he meant by this so I'm wondering
if anyone has any insight on why Cingular would be pushing new SIMS
cards. BTW I did take it.

-JD

In article <1105996968.150461.75900@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
"Sammy" <jdusaus@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Upgraded to a MPx220 recently and the Cing rep pushed giving me a new
> SIMS card saying that it would improve the phone's performace. Of
> course he couldn't elaborate on what he meant by this so I'm wondering
> if anyone has any insight on why Cingular would be pushing new SIMS
> cards. BTW I did take it.

Likely its a 64 K instead of a 32K card which with an ENS phone more
efficiently uses both the AT&T Wireless network and the Cingular
Network, until such time as they ever are really integrated.

I was in a store today getting a new phone, and a customer was there complaining about an echo that started about a month ago. The rep said that older sim cards started to do this, and gave him a new one.

Not sure how it's related, but it seemed to satisfy the customer.

Are you on an old AT&T rate plan or did you have to migrate to a Cingular
plan? Just curious.

Thanks.

"Sammy" <jdusaus@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Upgraded to a MPx220 recently and the Cing rep pushed giving me a new
> SIMS card saying that it would improve the phone's performace. Of
> course he couldn't elaborate on what he meant by this so I'm wondering
> if anyone has any insight on why Cingular would be pushing new SIMS
> cards. BTW I did take it.
>
> -JD

sammy

I've been with Cingular since '01 and using the same SIMS card.

-JD

Wait wrote:
> Are you on an old AT&T rate plan or did you have to migrate to a
Cingular
> plan? Just curious.
>
> Thanks.
>

> "Sammy" <jdusaus@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Upgraded to a MPx220 recently and the Cing rep pushed giving me a
new
> > SIMS card saying that it would improve the phone's performace. Of
> > course he couldn't elaborate on what he meant by this so I'm
wondering
> > if anyone has any insight on why Cingular would be pushing new SIMS
> > cards. BTW I did take it.
> >
> > -JD

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I am not sure, but I believe the new sim cards, like the old AT&T sim
cards, will work on both the 850 Mhz and 1900 Mhz former ATTWS system
and the Cingular/T-Mobile 1900 Mhz systems. Yes...It is better! I
still don't believe it will give you the ability to choose the system
manually like the old ATTWS sims will, but I recently got one, and was
able to get on AT&T's old system (Cingular Blue System) from my home
where there is NO Cingular/T-Mobile service.

--
Greg

In article <Greg.1ne6my@WiFi-Forum_dot_com>,
Greg <Greg.1ne6my@WiFi-Forum_dot_com> wrote:

> I am not sure, but I believe the new sim cards, like the old AT&T sim
> cards, will work on both the 850 Mhz and 1900 Mhz former ATTWS system
> and the Cingular/T-Mobile 1900 Mhz systems. Yes...It is better! I
> still don't believe it will give you the ability to choose the system
> manually like the old ATTWS sims will, but I recently got one, and was
> able to get on AT&T's old system (Cingular Blue System) from my home
> where there is NO Cingular/T-Mobile service.

an old story. Its over 4 months that 64K sims could do that.

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 06:28:41 GMT, "Warren Holybee via CellPhoneKB.com"
<forum@CellPhoneKB.com> spewed:
>I was in a store today getting a new phone, and a customer was there complaining about an echo that started about a month ago. The rep said that older sim cards started to do this, and gave him a new one.
>
>Not sure how it's related, but it seemed to satisfy the customer.

I was told the same thing at a Cingular store. Rep sounded very
knowledgable, so I tend to believe him. He didn't know exactly why either
but said it would reduce some "bugginess" of early released Treo 650's and
600's (which I was looking at).
It was called the Axalto (sp.).
Plus, I think it stored alot more #'s.
For email response, or CC, please mailto:see.my.sig.4.addr(at)bigfoot.com.
Yeah, it's really a real address :)