Remind me how to avoid the startup movie with SC4000?

Last response: in Video Games
July 6, 2004 5:58:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

can't remember.......

Alan

DYSLEXICS OF THE WORLD UNTIE!

July 7, 2004 2:00:52 AM

Alan Moorman wrote:
> can't remember.......

Press escape.

---
July 7, 2004 4:31:53 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

"Alan Moorman" wrote news:khtle0h06kl62o9vkof13f3cf0tevmjuog@4ax.com...
> can't remember.......

Can it be avoided? I just click when the movie starts and it skips it.
Greetz,

*or...?*
July 7, 2004 3:32:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 00:31:53 +0200, "Thur" <thur@wanadooNOSPAM.nl>
wrote:

>"Alan Moorman" wrote news:khtle0h06kl62o9vkof13f3cf0tevmjuog@4ax.com...
>> can't remember.......
>

>Can it be avoided? I just click when the movie starts and it skips it.
>Greetz,
>
>*or...?*

there is a way to modify the start command so it skips the opening
movie, and the EA animation, and all that.

Forgot it, thought, and just reinstalled. . . . . .

Alan

DYSLEXICS OF THE WORLD UNTIE!

July 8, 2004 4:22:08 AM

"Alan Moorman" <amoorman@visi.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 00:31:53 +0200, "Thur" <thur@wanadooNOSPAM.nl>
> wrote:
>
> >"Alan Moorman" wrote news:khtle0h06kl62o9vkof13f3cf0tevmjuog@4ax.com...
> >> can't remember.......
> >

> >Can it be avoided? I just click when the movie starts and it skips it.
> >Greetz,
> >
> >*or...?*
> >
> there is a way to modify the start command so it skips the opening
> movie, and the EA animation, and all that.
>
> Forgot it, thought, and just reinstalled. . . . . .

Add a space and -intro:o ff to the end of the command line in the startup
shortcut. This won't help with the autostart after inserting the CD though,
just when you use the shortcut.

Chris
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 10:52:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 00:22:08 -0500, "Chris Johnson"
<ctjohnson.at.tds.net@UcanFigureItOut.com> wrote:

>"Alan Moorman" <amoorman@visi.com> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 00:31:53 +0200, "Thur" <thur@wanadooNOSPAM.nl>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >"Alan Moorman" wrote news:khtle0h06kl62o9vkof13f3cf0tevmjuog@4ax.com...
>> >

>> >Can it be avoided? I just click when the movie starts and it skips it.
>> >Greetz,
>> >
>> >*or...?*
>> >
>> there is a way to modify the start command so it skips the opening
>> movie, and the EA animation, and all that.
>>
>> Forgot it, thought, and just reinstalled. . . . . .
>>
>Add a space and -intro:o ff to the end of the command line in the startup
>shortcut. This won't help with the autostart after inserting the CD though,
>just when you use the shortcut.
>
>Chris
Thank you!

I WILL save this, this time.......

Alan

DYSLEXICS OF THE WORLD UNTIE!

July 9, 2004 12:11:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 18:52:29 -0500, Alan Moorman <amoorman@visi.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 00:22:08 -0500, "Chris Johnson"
><ctjohnson.at.tds.net@UcanFigureItOut.com> wrote:

.. . . .

>>Add a space and -intro:o ff to the end of the command line in the startup
>>shortcut. This won't help with the autostart after inserting the CD though,
>>just when you use the shortcut.
>>
>>Chris
>Thank you!
>
>I WILL save this, this time.......
>

>Alan

Well, that isn't working.

I added

a space, then -intro:o ff

and Windows won't accept that as a valid path.

????????

Alan

DYSLEXICS OF THE WORLD UNTIE!

July 9, 2004 6:24:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

"Alan Moorman" <amoorman@visi.com> wrote in message

> Well, that isn't working.
>
> I added
>
> a space, then -intro:o ff
>
> and Windows won't accept that as a valid path.
>
> ????????
>

> Alan

> DYSLEXICS OF THE WORLD UNTIE!

put the -intro:o ff after the quotes

Target: "C:\Program Files\Maxis\Simcity4.exe" -into:o ff

took me a while to figure that one out.

--
Best Regards,
Ian

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 14:24:15 GMT, "Ian" <ian@NoSpamusSmarthomeusa.com>
wrote:

>"Alan Moorman" <amoorman@visi.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Well, that isn't working.
>>
>> I added
>>
>> a space, then -intro:o ff
>>
>> and Windows won't accept that as a valid path.
>>
>> ????????
>>

>> Alan

>> DYSLEXICS OF THE WORLD UNTIE!

>put the -intro:o ff after the quotes
>
>Target: "C:\Program Files\Maxis\Simcity4.exe" -into:o ff
>
>took me a while to figure that one out.

Gee! And I was very carefully making sure it was within the quotes!

Alan

The only reason some people get lost in thought
is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Paul Fix
!