Remind me how to avoid the startup movie with SC4000?

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

can't remember.......

Alan

DYSLEXICS OF THE WORLD UNTIE!

More about remind avoid startup movie sc4000
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

    Alan Moorman wrote:
    > can't remember.......

    Press escape.

    ---
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

    "Alan Moorman" wrote news:khtle0h06kl62o9vkof13f3cf0tevmjuog@4ax.com...
    > can't remember.......

    Can it be avoided? I just click when the movie starts and it skips it.
    Greetz,

    *or...?*
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

    On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 00:31:53 +0200, "Thur" <thur@wanadooNOSPAM.nl>
    wrote:

    >"Alan Moorman" wrote news:khtle0h06kl62o9vkof13f3cf0tevmjuog@4ax.com...
    >> can't remember.......
    >

    >Can it be avoided? I just click when the movie starts and it skips it.
    >Greetz,
    >
    >*or...?*

    there is a way to modify the start command so it skips the opening
    movie, and the EA animation, and all that.

    Forgot it, thought, and just reinstalled. . . . . .

    Alan

    DYSLEXICS OF THE WORLD UNTIE!

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

    "Alan Moorman" <amoorman@visi.com> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 00:31:53 +0200, "Thur" <thur@wanadooNOSPAM.nl>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >"Alan Moorman" wrote news:khtle0h06kl62o9vkof13f3cf0tevmjuog@4ax.com...
    > >> can't remember.......
    > >

    > >Can it be avoided? I just click when the movie starts and it skips it.
    > >Greetz,
    > >
    > >*or...?*
    > >
    > there is a way to modify the start command so it skips the opening
    > movie, and the EA animation, and all that.
    >
    > Forgot it, thought, and just reinstalled. . . . . .

    Add a space and -intro:off to the end of the command line in the startup
    shortcut. This won't help with the autostart after inserting the CD though,
    just when you use the shortcut.

    Chris
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

    On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 00:22:08 -0500, "Chris Johnson"
    <ctjohnson.at.tds.net@UcanFigureItOut.com> wrote:

    >"Alan Moorman" <amoorman@visi.com> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 00:31:53 +0200, "Thur" <thur@wanadooNOSPAM.nl>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >"Alan Moorman" wrote news:khtle0h06kl62o9vkof13f3cf0tevmjuog@4ax.com...
    >> >

    >> >Can it be avoided? I just click when the movie starts and it skips it.
    >> >Greetz,
    >> >
    >> >*or...?*
    >> >
    >> there is a way to modify the start command so it skips the opening
    >> movie, and the EA animation, and all that.
    >>
    >> Forgot it, thought, and just reinstalled. . . . . .
    >>
    >Add a space and -intro:off to the end of the command line in the startup
    >shortcut. This won't help with the autostart after inserting the CD though,
    >just when you use the shortcut.
    >
    >Chris
    Thank you!

    I WILL save this, this time.......

    Alan

    DYSLEXICS OF THE WORLD UNTIE!

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

    On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 18:52:29 -0500, Alan Moorman <amoorman@visi.com>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 00:22:08 -0500, "Chris Johnson"
    ><ctjohnson.at.tds.net@UcanFigureItOut.com> wrote:

    .. . . .

    >>Add a space and -intro:off to the end of the command line in the startup
    >>shortcut. This won't help with the autostart after inserting the CD though,
    >>just when you use the shortcut.
    >>
    >>Chris
    >Thank you!
    >
    >I WILL save this, this time.......
    >

    >Alan

    Well, that isn't working.

    I added

    a space, then -intro:off

    and Windows won't accept that as a valid path.

    ????????

    Alan

    DYSLEXICS OF THE WORLD UNTIE!

  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

    "Alan Moorman" <amoorman@visi.com> wrote in message

    > Well, that isn't working.
    >
    > I added
    >
    > a space, then -intro:off
    >
    > and Windows won't accept that as a valid path.
    >
    > ????????
    >

    > Alan

    > DYSLEXICS OF THE WORLD UNTIE!

    put the -intro:off after the quotes

    Target: "C:\Program Files\Maxis\Simcity4.exe" -into:off

    took me a while to figure that one out.

    --
    Best Regards,
    Ian

    On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 14:24:15 GMT, "Ian" <ian@NoSpamusSmarthomeusa.com>
    wrote:

    >"Alan Moorman" <amoorman@visi.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Well, that isn't working.
    >>
    >> I added
    >>
    >> a space, then -intro:off
    >>
    >> and Windows won't accept that as a valid path.
    >>
    >> ????????
    >>

    >> Alan

    >> DYSLEXICS OF THE WORLD UNTIE!

    >put the -intro:off after the quotes
    >
    >Target: "C:\Program Files\Maxis\Simcity4.exe" -into:off
    >
    >took me a while to figure that one out.

    Gee! And I was very carefully making sure it was within the quotes!

    Alan

    The only reason some people get lost in thought
    is because it's unfamiliar territory.

    Paul Fix

Movies Games Video Games