fried graphic card during oc or not? please help!!

stephanis

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2007
hello,

Does anyone have an idea what happened to my computer. ik get all kinds of strange movement on my screen. Black and white lines dots, cubes.
all started after i had installed 2 extra fans inside my box. Tried to overclock from 2.66Gh to 3.2 to see the difference in temperature.

I oc'd my 2180 to 2.66 Gh without problems ran test at 3.2Ghz but decided not to run at 3.2 because of temps. So after install of 2 additional fans ( 12 cm and 7 cm connected to mainbord. Put it on 10 x 320 ran never could run prime 95 cause after trying to boot and fail ( had to change voltage ) inmediately started to get strage screens, almost impossible to read anything hell it is even strage i could poste this message. So if i have al ot of mistakes in the text sorry but i see only half of it :)

update. I lowered the mem settings and core settings in ATI Tool and misteriously the cubes and flickers disappeared. but if i try to run 3d it says error during Direct3D Init

stephanis

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2007
Update2 : i can now boot and run 3d but after boot i have to enter ATI tool and lower core and mem just a little bit and than the lines disappear, only have them in the tab STARTmenu ( very strange, anyway i can see my screen now when i type :) )

Silverion77

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
What board are you using.

Just wondering because my Gigabyte-P35-DS3L sometimes resets the overclocking features when it reboots from a failed overclock. Including the PCI-E freq. Luckily I noticed it before hand

stephanis

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2007
ds4 but i know it resets everything. every time i reboot i check my settings in bios. So i guess i haven't made a mistake there.

gr

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007

Yes, I have this board, and sometimes when I come out of sleep (Vista) it starts to spin up and do its thing but then restarts, resets the BIOS and then resumes windows. But either way it will remove the OC etc, and will set the PCI-E to auto again.