Sign in with
Your question

Do you recommend a Registry Cleaner?

Last response: in Windows Vista
April 28, 2011 11:52:56 PM

Hi, from time to time I use the Vista's "Disk Cleanup", Defrag and make sure that the Recycle Bin is empty.
Yet, the system seem to be slow.
I have run the "Free Windows Registry Repair, Ink." tool. It tells me that there are over 700 registry problems. When I click on "fix" , then rerun the Registry Tool, it seems that at times there are even more problems than before.
I don't mind paying for a Registry Repair if it would do a good job. Have looked into "RegZooka" or "Registry Mechanic"
I'm afraid to mess with the registry on my own and make matters worse.
What is your opinion? I will appreciate your suggestions. Thanks in advance.
April 29, 2011 11:35:10 PM

anken said:
Hi, from time to time I use the Vista's "Disk Cleanup", Defrag and make sure that the Recycle Bin is empty.
Yet, the system seem to be slow.
I have run the "Free Windows Registry Repair, Ink." tool. It tells me that there are over 700 registry problems. When I click on "fix" , then rerun the Registry Tool, it seems that at times there are even more problems than before.
I don't mind paying for a Registry Repair if it would do a good job. Have looked into "RegZooka" or "Registry Mechanic"
I'm afraid to mess with the registry on my own and make matters worse.
What is your opinion? I will appreciate your suggestions. Thanks in advance.

A registery cleaner isn't really needed since the OS now adays is designed to ignore keys it's no longer using and use them again if it needs them again in the future. However, If your having issues or you are the kind that constantly is installing and removing programs a decent all purpose cleaner such as crapcleaner aka ccleaner is a good tool to use to clear out temp files and other items from a single click if you get tired of doing the microsoft disk cleaner funciton. http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner should be enough to keep the junk away at least.
April 29, 2011 11:37:10 PM

oh forgot to mention non of the stuff from that link cost money so don't be fooled with junk programs that charge you or offer free trials... >.> especially those on tv...
Related resources
April 30, 2011 11:25:45 PM

Thank you for your reply, TitusFFX.
I'm always glad to save some money...
If things get too bad I'll give CCleaner a try.
April 30, 2011 11:48:10 PM

reason i mentioned that one is that it gives the option to back up registery before making changes so if you make a mistake you can go back to where you was last at.
May 1, 2011 11:29:03 PM

Thank you both for your suggestions.
I'm using auslogic's "Defrag" and I'm very happy with this application because
Vista's defrag is a pain....
Thanks again!
May 2, 2011 12:00:27 AM

yep can't see what vista is doing with the defrag and seems to take way too long without the help of a third party app.
May 8, 2011 4:34:10 PM

Thank you both for taking the time to write. Auslogic's Defrag is so much better than Vista's. For this reason, I bought the Auslogic's Registry Cleaner. It seems to do a good job. It tells me that it fixed quite a few errors. I makes me feel better because I don't want to mess with the Registry on my own. Anyway, so far -so good.
So, again, thanks for writing.
May 9, 2011 11:55:44 PM

bought? should know that ccleaner is free to use and doesn't have a trial version like those. same as they offer other free tools.
!