Problem with intel matrix raid on samsung drives

janik_dk

Distinguished
May 18, 2008
Hi,
I've been searching a lot for an answer of my problem, without success so now i kindly ask for your help

I've just set up a new computer.. Asus P5k Pro motherboard.. we set up two new samsung F1 750 gb harddisk in Raid 0 with intel's matrix.. please note we forgot to "load drivers" in the vista installation - but vista got installed and it works great.. right away we updated the bios for the motherboard and installed the matrix program in vista.. no problems!

the problem comes when i restart the computer: sometimes (not every time) the intel matrix console at start-up say my raid 0 array is "failed" and it cannot load vista.. (because vista is on the partion).. the "funny" thing is that if i enter ctrl + i the matrix console it shows my raid 0 array as "normal".. and if i just exit it works again and loads vista up..

so... what is going on? - i've read a lot of topics and acrticles without hitting my excact problem.. is it because we forgot to "load drivers" at vista installation is acts so strange now?

the are a total of 6 Sata out on the motherboard.. and right now my dvd-drive and WD harddisk is on the (two) black (data) ones and the two samsungs are on the two reds (boot).
please also note all the drives shows up nicely in bios and my boot priority is: Raid
dvd/cd-rom
WD harddrive

Any help would be much appreciated!

hi-gore

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2008
I have resolved the strictly same problem.
You have only to upgrade your motherbord to the P45 chipset!
the ICH9R present on the P35 chipset doesn't work with the F1 drives...
:cry: :cry:
but with the ICH10R you will enhance really your drive performance!
small consolation! :whistle:

chungmc

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009

I have the same issue - anyone know how I could update the mobo in my Dell XPS420 to get ICH9R? Isn't there a firmware update or something that could be applied? Please don't tell me the only way is to replace the motherboard!

If that is true, however, any suggestions for a mobo that would best fit the case characteristics of the XPS420?