Should i buy or wait?

Archy

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2007
Hi all.

Im anxious to buy a new (very good) CPU.

Ive been waiting for like 2 months already to actually see some progress on the processors market.

Finally AMD will release their Phenoms aka Barcelona (?) in Nov wich certnaly atracts my attention.
Should i bet and buy a phenom (good buy?) or should i wait for Intel´s move in January?

Will both CPUs (phenom and pherymns) be very similar and its indiferent what you buy cause diferences between both will be very short to the normal game consumer, or is it not that simple?

Cheers

sirkillalot

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006
Just wait for the reviews then decide, whatever you buy then with the release of new cpu's and gpu's will be fast as long as you buy at the top of the range.
nov-dec look like good buying times, merry christmas!

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
I'm kinda having a brain fart :oops:, but weren't the phemon's delayed again? Thought they pushed it back to next year, or are they coming out in Nov?

dashbarron

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2007
Buy a new Penryn come January...8th I believe. Will have all levels of Quad and Duo available to buy. Unless you wish to purchase the $1000 one come early November :)

dashbarron

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2007

^ Denies the truth of upcoming Penryn. You'll wait awhile on AMD's latest I'm afraid.

Thats just foaming at the mouth. I would like to back you on that one but we will see what the benchmarks say and what posts are made on actual feedback from people that buy and use them...

Time will tell.

runswindows95

Distinguished
Thats a really bold statement. The benchmarks are not even out yet. Where can you back up your statement with this?

If you read jaguarskx's post you will see he said WAIT for benchmarks as in to look forward to the benchmarks to be posted as in future tense.

To the OP, as the others have said, benchmarks will determine which one to go with.

Archy

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2007
I wont wait that long tho. January is my limit im sure. :D

Or even earlier if AMD pulls off something really good - performance/price - then ill join their 20% market.