Sign in with
Your question

How to strip and save audio track from mkv?

Last response: in Applications
September 11, 2012 1:25:37 AM

I have an entire season of Clannad with all the episodes in .mkv format. I play these files with VLC media player, and they have an english audio track and a japanese audio track; I watch with the english audio track.

I also happen to have another set of Clannad episodes, but in higher resolution (1080p); however these files don't have an english audio track with them. These files are also in .mkv format.

I was wondering if it was possible to strip the english audio track from the lower resolution video files and to attach the english audio track to the higher resolution video files. I'm not very experienced or knowledgeable in this field, but any help is appreciated!
September 12, 2012 3:06:39 AM

Well, I only know how to strip the audio track from a video.
Just using a video converter.

But how to attach this audio track to another video file?
Sorry. I have no idea.
m
l
September 12, 2012 5:47:45 AM

What software will you use to edit the video? Here is a link to a free mkv video editor: http://www.****/video-editor/how-to-edit-mkv-videos.html
I have never used it so I can't say whether or not it is any good.
m
l
Related resources
September 22, 2012 12:13:04 AM

I've actually found a solution to the problem. I'm using MKVToolnix.
m
l
January 21, 2013 1:24:28 AM

You may refer to the following step by step guide on How to Extract MP3, WMA, M4A, WAV, AC3, FLAC, OGG, AU, AIFF, RA from Various Video files at http://audioconverters.blogspot.com/2013/01/how-to-extr...

It also applies to:
Extract audio from MOV, MP4, WMV, AVI, MPG, MKV, VOB, 3GP, FLV, WebM, SWF, F4V, DivX, Xvid, ASF, RMVB, MVI, WTV, DVR, H.264, DV, MXF, AVCHD, MOD, TOD, MTS and etc.
Extract audio from FLV, WMV, MP4 and etc to AC3, MP3, WMA, Apple Lossless M4A, FLAC, AIFF, WAV, OGG, RA, MP2, AU and more
Extract audio with mono, stereo or 5.1 channels from all kinds of music video and movies files like extract audio from MKV FLAC to AC3 5.1 channel.
Extract audio soundtrack with 32 to 320 Kbps from various video files like extract audio from AVI to MP3 at 320kbps
Convert between various audio formats including FLAC, OGG, APE, PCM, SHN, VOC, QCP, ARM, AWB, AIFF, WMA, WAV, Apple Lossless M4A, AIFF, AC3, AAC, MP3, MP2, AU, DTS, RA, CUE, TTA, MPC and etc.
m
l
!