Enabling GPU-assisted rendering in Adobe Premiere Pro CS6?

I have been browsing google and I came across a few links talking about enabling CUDA for Nvidia cards in Adobe Premiere Pro. The problem is that I can't find a good tutorial for Windows 7 where the person is using a GTX 670. I would like my videos to render faster, although it might be slow because I have 1 hard drive that is holding all of my original clips, and the video is rendering to the same drive as the clips.

Anyhow, I would like to know if/how I can enable Premiere CS6 to use my GTX 670 while rendering/editing videos.

My system specs:
i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz
8GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM
1TB Seagate HDD
Nvidia GTX 670
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about enabling assisted rendering adobe premiere
  1. Check out this link from Studio 1: http://www.studio1productions.com/Articles/PremiereCS5-2.htm
    Scroll down a bit and you will see the instructions for "unlocking" the card for use with Premiere Pro CS6. I hope it helps. I am a Premiere Pro CS6 user as well and the GPU acceleration does make a difference.
  2. kenrivers said:
    Check out this link from Studio 1: http://www.studio1productions.com/Articles/PremiereCS5-2.htm
    Scroll down a bit and you will see the instructions for "unlocking" the card for use with Premiere Pro CS6. I hope it helps. I am a Premiere Pro CS6 user as well and the GPU acceleration does make a difference.


    Thanks so much for posting that link! I updated my CS6 and AE6 and forgot I had to redo that fix for my video card again after the update! ugggh! but your posting jogged my memory! so thanks!
  3. RockstarBruski said:
    kenrivers said:
    Check out this link from Studio 1: http://www.studio1productions.com/Articles/PremiereCS5-2.htm
    Scroll down a bit and you will see the instructions for "unlocking" the card for use with Premiere Pro CS6. I hope it helps. I am a Premiere Pro CS6 user as well and the GPU acceleration does make a difference.


    Thanks so much for posting that link! I updated my CS6 and AE6 and forgot I had to redo that fix for my video card again after the update! ugggh! but your posting jogged my memory! so thanks!


    hey I have a super slow premiere... and encore... i have a 2x AMD® Opteron™ 6272 2.1GHz- 3.1GHz Max.Turbo-64Bit 16-Core a 32GB DDR3-1333 and a video card... @ AMD® FirePro™ W7000 4GB DDR5 which hast OPENGL and OPENCL... so why is it so slow to render a video_!_!_!_!_!_
  4. arvakur said:
    RockstarBruski said:
    kenrivers said:
    Check out this link from Studio 1: http://www.studio1productions.com/Articles/PremiereCS5-2.htm
    Scroll down a bit and you will see the instructions for "unlocking" the card for use with Premiere Pro CS6. I hope it helps. I am a Premiere Pro CS6 user as well and the GPU acceleration does make a difference.


    Thanks so much for posting that link! I updated my CS6 and AE6 and forgot I had to redo that fix for my video card again after the update! ugggh! but your posting jogged my memory! so thanks!


    hey I have a super slow premiere... and encore... i have a 2x AMD® Opteron™ 6272 2.1GHz- 3.1GHz Max.Turbo-64Bit 16-Core a 32GB DDR3-1333 and a video card... @ AMD® FirePro™ W7000 4GB DDR5 which hast OPENGL and OPENCL... so why is it so slow to render a video_!_!_!_!_!_

    You need to upgrade to Adobe Premiere CC, it's will effect the best performance by your machine. The Premiere CC are supported your hardware to faster render with OpenCL - your Graphic card.
  5. would having 32g of ram help with rendering and make a difference from having 16g ? or 8g
Ask a new question

Read More

Multimedia Adobe Premiere Rendering Apps