GTS SLI or GT single ADVICE and OPINIONS

jamesro

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
retailer near me has the Gigabyte 8800 GTS 320MB for $302.00 AUD and the Gigabyte 8800 GT is $507.00 AUD
so for 100 bux extra i can get an SLI setup.

is that a silly idea?

or i can get an XFX 8800GT for $383.00 AUD

If you can wait for the hoopla to settle down on the 8800gt's than I'd wait until at least the AMD 38xx's come out mid Nov. If you can't wait, I'd go for the cheapest 8800gt that you can get your hands on. Of coarse don't get a chinese version or something like that, but from the major manufacturers would do fine. Right now there is so much markup on the 8800gt's that I'd wait if I can.

G

Wait 2 weeks for inventory to increase and prices to settle down. It'd be dumb to spend over $275 on the 8800GT any model/manufacturer.

They must be kidding... I hear it's a good game, but $124 is way too much. Yeah, try to wait a week or two until supply catches up with demand, you'll save some money.

That game is $20 at newegg. that's about $21.6 in Australian currency.

jamesro

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
yeah i'll go with the 8800GT because im not wanting to go SLI at the end of the day personally.
i'm trying to hold off as long as possible... but my current rig is killiing me..

but it was irritating to see that the GT priced higher than the GTS considering its not in the hierarchy from nVidias lineup

i read somewhere that they are going to be re-releasing a GTS chip? that correct

Wait a couple of weeks for the supply/demand to level off and you'll be able to get the 8800gt closer to the $200 mark than it's current price. I also read that the GTS is going to be re-released and have more steam processors (I think that is what I read), so hopefully this means it'll do better than the 8800gt, but that would mean the 8800gtx would need to do better to stay on top.