Sign in with
Your question

Wireless problems...

Last response: in Wireless Networking
February 16, 2009 8:40:11 PM

Ok I need help. I can't get my computer to connect to the internet wirelessly. It can see the router, it has a 400mbs connection, but doesn't have an IP address. The 3 other computers in my house that are hardwired to the router work just fine, and the 1 other that is wireless works too. I've had this problem before but I can't fix it by hardwiring it because the wire would strangle any one who walks into my house. LOL ( this might not be the right path but I don't want to go look it up :p  ) I go to the wireless internet connection page in windows > the wireless connection > options > then IP address, there is a setting that says - automatically detect setting(i have it checked) and another where you can connect fill in the IP address. Please help!!! thanks for any advice.

this problem is really pi**ing me off :fou:  :fou:  :fou:  :fou:  :fou:  :fou:  :fou:  :fou: 

More about : wireless problems

February 17, 2009 3:26:53 PM

Kindly post your Network setup.

- Model and brand of wireless router and it's wireless settings(e.g SSID,channel,security)
- Brand and windows operating system of your laptop? Is it using a built-in wireless adapter or external?
- IP address of working pc.
February 17, 2009 8:17:20 PM

ironhide said:
Kindly post your Network setup.

- Model and brand of wireless router and it's wireless settings(e.g SSID,channel,security)
- Brand and windows operating system of your laptop? Is it using a built-in wireless adapter or external?
- IP address of working pc.

Its a linksys modem (model BEFCMU10) and linksys wireless router (model WRT54G) with no security and I'm trying to connect a desktop computer with a Windows XP proffesional operating system. It has a built-in wireless adapter that seems to be working because the computer is connected to the router - it just can't get to the internet. The motherboard I'm using is an ASUS P6T, I don't know what the integrated wirless card is, theres nothing in the manual about it, and I can't use an online scanner to tell me whats on the motherboard. :fou:  The only thing that might help is that it says its a 1394 wireless adapter. Other computers in the house can connect to the internet via the wireless router. The IP address: 75.134.25.240
February 17, 2009 8:42:11 PM

So you're trying to work here with your desktop to be connected wireless to the router.

Kindly re-check the adapters installed on your pc.Follow this:

- Right click on my computer icon and go to properties.
- Click device manager.
- On the list,click the + sign beside network adapters
- Post the list of the adapters you can see there and if you're seeing any red x mark or yellow exclamation point/question mark beside it as well or if it's all green.

1394 connection is the communication port for peer to peer setup.This does'nt really matter.

This IP address 75.134.25.240,is this from the router setup page or the working desktop pc connected to the router?
!