NVIDIA's nForce 780i Delayed Until December Due to Penryn Issues

Ron7aldo

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
nvidia.gif

NVIDIA's nForce 780i Delayed Until December Due to Penryn Issues
The NVIDIA nForce 780i chipset has been reported for having issues with Intel's Penryn processors. The exact issues remain unknown but the chipset will be delayed an additional two months and will not expected until December. NordicHardware also reports that the nForce 780i might possibly be the same as the nForce 680i with an additional PCIe bridge chipset and identical performance. However, we all hope the 780i will be much more than its predecessor.

sailer

Splendid
Ok, I won't tell you no :kaola: Do you need a crying towel? :cry: :cry:

Intel and Nvidia have been having a few troubles for awhile, in part because Nvidia choose to not allow Intel to license and incorporate SLI into Intel's chipsets, thus leaving Intel with using Crossfire only. That has to stick in Intel's craw a bit too, as Crossfire means using cards produced by its competitor, AMD/ATI. Intel can relatiate by making its chips work best only on Intel chipsets.

Of course, Nvidia is having a problem with AMD/ATI as well, since making chipsets for AMD means its also supporting its competitor, AMD/ATI. Nvidia is slowly making its own rope with which to hang itself, though it still produces cards that work very well. If Nvidia isn't careful, it could end up making chipsets that support SLI, but don't fully support either AMD or Intel chips. Oh yes, if you ever read through the release notes for the 8800 series video cards, you find out that that new Nvidia cards don't work well with AMD K7 and K8 chips. This is apparently a retaliatory move against AMD since it bought ATI, as the older 7800 series hhas no problem. I see the differences myself as I have a 7800 GTX in one AMD powered computer and a 8800 GTS in another AMD powered computer.

Ron7aldo

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
i think i have good news
http://www.evga.com/support/knowledgebase/

EVGA say's that 680i motherboards will run normaly with penryn with only BIOS update Phew!