High quality clear cases!

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
I'm nearing the completion of my new system, and I'm looking for a nice case to showcase all my hard work. So, if you've read the title you'd know that I'm looking for a quality, clear case. I don't need a PSU, so there is no need to spend the extra cash on one - but if there is no other option, I'll just rip it out and put mine in. Right now my mid tower is ok, but even when I try to organize cables, it just looks plain bad. There isn't enough room, so... I'm probably looking for a full size tower here. The tower should also have good fan placement, or at least empty spaces where I can stick my own quiet fans.

I saw these: http://www.xoxide.com/acryliccases.html

But I've never head of them, so I'm unsure about quality and reliability.

Anyone here have a clear case and mind showing it off?

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
In the past, I've thought the acrylic looks great, but I think the cons of it pretty much kept me from buying one.

The cons about it that I see:

1.) finger print magnet
2.) PC case gets dusty ( so it kinda ruins the looks)
3.) Scratches
4.) need to be more careful handling it (moving around)
5.) The PC case itself no longer provides a good ground, and ESD can build up. I remember reading people would get shocked turning off/on their PC.

I'd get a case with a clear side, which I'm happy with.

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
Hmm, I never really thought about the ESD. Dust and scratches aren't too big of a deal though. I don't exactly grope my case or have it in a position to be repeatedly scratched. Guess I'll go with a full tower w/ a nice clear side then - I really want some extra space for better airflow and a way to organize my cables so it doesn't look like a flying spaghetti monster inside. Also, the current fan grills make my zalman ultra quiet fans not so quiet because they restrict so much airflow (just gets worse when dust builds up)

Guess it's off to newegg to find the popular cases! :D

tricky trees

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2007
well for my 10 pence worth.
I've had one of those clear cases on your link that you were looking into buying and i've had no problems with it at all. There's a slight design flaw when it comes to putting in a new bay because of the screws on the motherboard side and yes it can get dusty but a quick clean takes no time and on the plus side with the lights off they look great, second to none!
Oh yeah i overclock as well and my temps are fine.