MSI K9N4 SLI & 5000+ BE

kev2lz

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
Just wondering if anybody has the K9N4 SLI with a x2 black edition CPU. I picked up a 5000+ BE and the above mentioned board early this week and am disappointed to discover that the multiplier on the board seems to be locked. Oddly, I can't find any other reference to this problem on the net, in fact, I seem to find people talking like it can be adjusted. If you do have this board, any idea how to unlock the multiplier adjustment option? Is it something in the BIOS that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance! :bounce:

yellowcoot

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2008
I have the exact same problem with the MSI K9n4 SLI. The frequency config. option(cpu ratio , multiplier adjustment) is not available with the 5000 BE. It is available when I use the regular 4600X2 chip, which is ironic since that one's not unlocked(only can go down). I tried all 3 available BIOS's 1.1, 1.2, 1.4. I called MSI. He said that he did not have a beta bIOS for that board. I saw where some people used a beta BIOS for the platinum version of that board and it solved the problem but I don't know if it will fry the bios on this one. I couldn't find it either. If anyone solves this please post. http://www.intelforums.net/showthread.php?t=451836

TRENDING THREADS