CoolIt Freezone Mods?

closed_deal

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2007
A quick overview so people can get a basic idea on what i'm after. I bought E8400 & P5E x38 mobo hoping i would get 4Ghz+ on air cooling with the TRUE cooler. Now this is my 2nd intel CPU i've ever owned and i'm finding it blisteringly HOT. Even the slightest vcore change and the temps increase 10C Idle. So i thought to myself huzzah i've still got the TEC lying around somewhere not used because misplaced a few important mounting screws. Now i've 'borrowed' some screws i found at work that are holding it in fine.

@ Stock Tjunction at 7 C idle 20 C Load.
@ 3.6Ghz vcore stock 13 C idle 30 C Load.
@4.2Ghz vcore 1.44 (lowest it runs stable) 35C idle 70 C Load!!!!

The specs are here: http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/CoolIT/Freezone/1.html

The fan has a 60+ CFM movement on it would performance increase with a better one?
Could i fit a new CPU waterblock onto it? If so which?
Could the stock pump be replaced?
Could the Reservoir be upgraded?

Noobish at watercooling so any help is just fine ;).

mobo57

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2007
Have you made any mods yet? I have the Eliminator, 5 months old and the pump is starting to squeal. Going to RMA it and do the up-grade for 85$ to the Freezone. Only mod I did was to hook the fan to the CPU PWM header on my mobo. Worked perfect. On my Q6600, oc'd to 400, vcore in BIOS 1.45, by CPUID and Everest at 1.32 Idle is between 13 to 17c depending on ambient, 20 to 23c. Load on cores never gets above ~62C, even after 12 hours of Prime95 on all four cores. Have read that some do take out the stock fan and put in a good 120.