Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Which motherboard drivers do I need?

Last response: in Applications
September 15, 2012 4:42:09 AM

I had just bought a new computer recently, but I have not built it because I am still waiting for the case. I already have the motherboard and it does come with the drivers CD. Although I would rather download the drivers on the website because they have all the latest ones. I found the drivers here (it will be Win7 64 bit).

http://www.asrock.com/MB/overview.asp?cat=Download&os=W...

I don't exactly know which ones are essential and which ones are optional. If anyone can help me and say which ones I will need and which ones I don't really need. Please be specific and name them by what it says because I might get confused. I don't need help for my GPU drivers because I already got that covered. And for that matter, are there any more drivers besides the MB and GPU? I don't think there should be. Right?

Thanks for reading all my excessive typing and please reply back. Bye.

More about : motherboard drivers

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
September 15, 2012 5:52:32 AM

You only kind of need Lan driver and INF driver.
September 15, 2012 6:05:12 AM

Sunius said:
You only kind of need Lan driver and INF driver.

What exactly in an INF driver? I just want to know which ones I need, as in which ones are commonly downloaded. Like what about the audio and USB drivers?
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
September 15, 2012 6:15:10 AM

It's chipset driver.

And Audio and USB work with windows drivers just fine, and the drivers that come from asrock website are just going to install some crapware that will eat your computer resources.
m
l
September 15, 2012 6:35:04 AM

Sunius said:
It's chipset driver.

And Audio and USB work with windows drivers just fine, and the drivers that come from asrock website are just going to install some crapware that will eat your computer resources.

Are you sure? Have you ever watched Newegg's 3 part PC building tutorial? The video says you need chipset, LAN, USB, and audio drivers. I don't exactly know which ones those are listed on the site. If you could tell me which drivers are those four then that would help me.

EDIT: Nevermind, I will be able to figure out the rest. Thanks for telling me the INF is chipset though, I didn't know that.
m
l
September 15, 2012 6:44:58 AM

Best answer selected by APNxRPG24.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
September 15, 2012 6:24:01 PM

Glad I helped ;) .
m
l
!