Sign in with
Your question

Cannot read from source file or disk

Last response: in Windows Vista
May 2, 2011 6:45:13 AM

Hello,

I had moved all my documents/jpeg to external hard disk... and since then had been trying to access the folders in External HDD. But when trying to view the jpeg/jpg it says"Format not supported..." and if trying to move the folder from EHDD to laptop drive it says "cannot read from source file/disk"
I try running the anti virus scan on EHDD and it shows no virus.
Shud i run CHKDSK?How to get bk my files from EHDD and if i format my EHDD will i lose all data in it.
I tried all recover software too.
I tried it on laptop so that i can recover the 'moved' folders but no use.
Pls help

More about : read source file disk

a b \ Driver
May 3, 2011 6:53:10 PM

Sounds like your external hard-drive is going bad, since you tried it on a second computer and got the same thing. You could try another cable, could fix things.

If it does not, download and run Recuva, see if it will get files out of it. External drives are a bit unsafe for main data storage, they get moved, bumped, tossed around, etc..., way more likely to break than internal drives. What you want to do is to keep your data on an internal drive, and only keep backups on the external, or files you want to move from place to place.
m
l
August 8, 2011 2:48:20 AM

892030,1,883269 said:
Hello,

I had moved all my documents/jpeg to external hard disk... and since then had been trying to access the folders in External HDD. But when trying to view the jpeg/jpg it says"Format not supported..." and if trying to move the folder from EHDD to laptop drive it says "cannot read from source file/disk"
I try running the anti virus scan on EHDD and it shows no virus.
Shud i run CHKDSK?How to get bk my files from EHDD and if i format my EHDD will i lose all data in it.
I tried all recover software too.
I tried it on laptop so that i can recover the 'moved' folders but no use.
Pls help[/quotemsf

joneflord_flores@
hello: you try to barrow a new one EHDD and copy the built,in recycle bin from the new one then paste to your EHDD recycle bin .,.
steps<<<
1.go to folder option and an-hide all folder
2.plug the new one EHDD and you see the hidden recycle bin then copy all files inside .
3.plug your EHDD and paste all the doc,. copied from the new one EHDD..
try 100% work.,. thanks
m
l
!