My home page has been grayed out.

Betty Boop

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
Hello,hi this is Betty cannot change home page at all it has WWW.tupaso.com/ and has every thing grayed out that i need too change can you please help me thank you

TitusFFX

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
This is a stanard feature of a few known virus protections and also of account controls. It could either be that you will need to log in as an Administrator account or programs such as Spybot search and destroy , Spyware Blaster, or other similar has it fixed to prevent hijacking.
Be sure to check your virus protection that your using to insure that it's not the leading cause to this issue.

TitusFFX

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
Upon further inspection the webstie that it's locked is found to be associated with a trojan known as

Alias: Trojan.Win32.VB.zno [Kaspersky Lab]

Be sure to run a decent virus removal under safemode to insure that it's removed.

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

this one should be fine enough to do the job if you currently dont' have one or your current is out of date.

Microsoft Security Essentials is also recommended as a real time virus protection and cost nothing to use.
But be aware that you will have to remove Norton, Mcafee or anything else if you plan on using an active monitoring software or you can cause confilcts along with slowdowns to your computer.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/security_essentials/default.aspx

TitusFFX

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
If you are unsure how to get to Safe Mode just restart your computer and during the boot before it reaches the windows logo you will need to press the F8 key.

This will open a black and white screen from which you can select Safe Mode.

If you have not previously installed a virus protection be sure to do so before hand but if you can't; you may run as Safe Mode with Networking so it will allow only primary network functions to work to allow you to download.