Late Night with Conan O'Brien in HDTV

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
April 25, 2005 8:07:50 AM

Beginning TUESDAY of this week (Monday is a repeat), Late Night with Conan
O'Brien is in HDTV. They were off all last week, I guess preparing for the
broadcast. YAY! (See the HDTV icon on the NBC program schedule next to
Late Night on NBC.com)

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/header/TV_Schedule/index.html

Next up: SNL in HDTV in October.

Race
April 25, 2005 8:07:51 AM

>Beginning TUESDAY of this week (Monday is a repeat), Late Night with Conan
>O'Brien is in HDTV. They were off all last week, I guess preparing for the
>broadcast. YAY! (See the HDTV icon on the NBC program schedule next to
>Late Night on NBC.com)
>http://www.nbc.com/nbc/header/TV_Schedule/index.html
>Next up: SNL in HDTV in October.
--------
Finally, yay. Now If he'd just stop saying ""We have really great show
for you tonight" every night. It's my pet peeve of his monologue.
April 25, 2005 9:03:08 AM

"Abe" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> --------
> Finally, yay. Now If he'd just stop saying ""We have really great show
> for you tonight" every night. It's my pet peeve of his monologue.

Conan is also going to have to make one big adjustment to HDTV. He has to
stop going up to the camera and sticking his face right into the lens so
that the home audience gets a scary closeup of his eye or his nose.
No-can-do with HDTV. Frightened viewers will switch the channel in droves.

Race
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 5:32:55 PM

"RV" <race1000k_nospam_@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Abe" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> > --------
> > Finally, yay. Now If he'd just stop saying ""We have really great show
> > for you tonight" every night. It's my pet peeve of his monologue.
>

> Conan is also going to have to make one big adjustment to HDTV. He has to
> stop going up to the camera and sticking his face right into the lens so
> that the home audience gets a scary closeup of his eye or his nose.
> No-can-do with HDTV. Frightened viewers will switch the channel in
droves.

> Race

The gross out factor might make it funny again for the first fifty times.
Killing time in HDTV will look the same, boring.
!