Verizon westell 6100 linksys wrt54gx4 and bitcomet

tshank

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
I have verizon dsl with a westell 6100 modem. i have this connected to a linksys wrt54gx4. my question is how do i open a port so i can get faster downloads. keeps saying that the port is blocked. opened port in router setup but still nothing. please help. thank you

ironhide

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Good day!

You might be experiencing a slight problem here.The Westell 6100 is a modem/router in one.It's also a DHCP server with NAT firewall embedded on it same specificattion as of your WRT54GX4 router.

I recommend that you setup first your modem to bridge mode and setup PPPoE connection on the router.As soon as this is finished,feel free to reply back for steps on port forwarding.

By the way, kindly post the port you're trying to open.

metallicakid4187

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009
all i did to fix my problem was i went to my Linksys router settings.then went to Status and copied the Ip address there i then went to the setup tab and typed the ip address in local ip and hit save settings then it says please release and renew you ip address so i went to the start bar and clicked run typed "cmd" then "ipconfig/release" then "ipconfig/renew" it disconnected me for a few then connected back up and all my ports i had trouble with where open...
for some reason my router had the verizon ip and i was using the routers ip 192.168.2.1 on my desktop i dont know how it worked but when i changed that it fixed my problem hope this helps anyone who had this problem