NEED BOOT UP CD TO FORMAT HDD

"NEED BOOT UP CD TO FORMAT HDD" That is exactly what I am looking for. I have a computer that I want to install Windows 7 professional and I am told that I need to do a full format. So far, I have been only able to fill the HD with zeroes. I was told that I need to do a full format to iinstall an oem WWindows 7 Professional :bounce: syystems diisc. Can you adviise me as to where I can get the formatting software I need?
4 answers Last reply
More about need boot format
  1. if you are looking for complete HDD format (all partitions will be gone, date, etc..) you might be need the exact windows 7 installation dvd boot and format option that is included or use Hiren's Boot CD. and boot the cd and use HDD tools.

goodluck :)
  2. You can format using windows 7 disc ;).
  3. Thanks for your response. Since I don't aalready ave the windows 7 disc, I tried to forat using windows 98 and even ME. One of them told me that I could not format removable media? The other one, I could not figure out how I should set up the format commands. That is why I was searching for another method to full format the HDD.
  4. Sunius said:
    You can format using windows 7 disc ;).

Anonymous said:
    if you are looking for complete HDD format (all partitions will be gone, date, etc..) you might be need the exact windows 7 installation dvd boot and format option that is included or use Hiren's Boot CD. and boot the cd and use HDD tools.

goodluck :)

Thanks for your response. Since I don't already have the Windows OEM software, I was skeptical in ordering it since I was told that you only get one shot at installing it. I will therefore google where to geet Hiren's boot disk as yyou suggessted. Thanks again.
Ask a new question

Read More

CD-Rom Boot Hard Drives Format Apps