Trouble disabling speedstep on P965 platinum board

adeepercut2k

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2007
Hello everybody, I've been looking everywhere in my bios to find the speedstep option. I tried disabling all ACPI but couldn't get it to post. (odd) It's an AMI bios btw. I turned off the eist option as well as turned power management to "always on" in xp. I couldn't find a c1e option, or a plain old speedstep option and it is still enabled.

I've googled, yahooed, and checked these forums as well as a few other overclocker forums.

Here's my rig:

C2D e4300
Core Speed 1804.2 MHz (6.0 x 300.7 MHz) edit: this is the speedstep speed. should be 9x for 2706 MHz
Rated Bus speed 1202.8 MHz

2 Crucial DDR2-6400 1GB
Memory Frequency 400.9 MHz (3:4)
CAS# 4.0
RAS# to CAS# 4
RAS# Precharge 4
Cycle Time (tRAS) 12
Command Rate 2T

MSI P965 Platinum (special edition) (not so much, MSI used to kick ass.)

Jesse

P.S. I'm also wondering how to take a screenshot of my bios screen for future reference. And are there any faqs dealing with the P965 platinum's bios and overclocking it? This bios is one of the worst one's I've come across in a long time.

adeepercut2k

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2007

Might be wishful thinking on my part that my bios screen was a bit more geeky and option-full. :) I'm not having any problems other than I want it to run full blast from time to time. (when gaming, mostly)

By the way, I don't mean to bag on MSI. I've been using their boards since my first Athlon. This is my first intel board since my 386, and it's not the best experience. Not horrible, just not the best. (And my last Asus Athlon board made me stick with MSI this time around. lol)

I've had problems oc'ing past 320 fsb and it's not my ram, cpu, psu, voltage, or cooling, its the board. It runs fine at stock, although it's been a bit buggy from time to time. Although that might be xp being goofy.