Which should i be going for? aiming to use top of the range dual core AMD (am2) processor and its primary purpose is running games at max spec (or the highest i can get). Any help is greatly appreciated. if this has been answered before my apologies but i cant seem to find a thread on it anywhere...
Depend on which RAMs you are planning to get. I personally would recommend 2GB at ddr2 800 if you're running a 32 bit OS. If you're running 4GB, I would still recommend ddr2 800 instead of 667, the price difference is negligible if you search carefully enough for the components.
Apperantly someone forgot to mention that DDR2 667 IS DDR2 @ 800mhz.That is the max DDR2 memory speed currently supported by AMD.As new CPU's and chipsets are brought to bear,we'll see DDR2 memory speeds increase for AMD as it makes the necessary changes to its on-die memory controller.Hope this has helped some.Goodluck.
M2N32-SLI DELUXE WE
X2 5600+ STOCK (2.8GHZ)
2X1GIG DDR2 800 IN DC MODE
TOUGHPOWER 850WATT PSU
EVGA 7950 GX2 550/1400
SMILIDON RAIDMAX GAMING CASE
ACER 22IN WS LCD 1680X1050
250GIG HD/320GIG HD
G5 GAMING MOUSE
LOGITECH Z-5500 5.1 SURROUND SYSTEM
500WATS CONTINUOUS,1000 PEAK
WIN XP MCE SP2
1. AMD love memory bandwith (far better performance gains than with intel cpus)
2. 2GB should be sufficient for most games, unless you like to leave Photoshop open in the background.
3. 2GB leaves you the option to upgrade to 4GB in the future. (generally cheaper than when you first purchased)
4. If you overclock your CPU having the higher clocked memory will allow you to be more flexible with CPU/RAM ratios.
5. If using 32-bit OS you will only get to see 3.5 of the 4 gigs you install ; ;
6. Its cheap... I got 4 (1x4) gigs of DDR2-800 "dual channel" for 50 bucks after rebates. cant beat that. Neweggs got nice deals.
1. You can keep photoshop open while you play games.
2. There are no others pros IMO