Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

HP Pavilion dv2500 on/off switch

Last response: in Windows Vista
Share
May 5, 2011 7:40:24 PM

on/off switch broke can I replace it

More about : pavilion dv2500 switch

May 5, 2011 9:22:42 PM

Yep. Check ebay for replacement part or from HP. Ofcourse we'd have no clue if you personally can, you may have one arm and one eye and the shakes. But it's technically possible.

May 6, 2011 1:34:40 AM

hang-the-9 said:
Yep. Check ebay for replacement part or from HP. Ofcourse we'd have no clue if you personally can, you may have one arm and one eye and the shakes. But it's technically possible.


BATTERY SEEMS TO BE CHARGED, BUT i CANNOT TURN ON ANY POWER. suspect THE SWITCH
Related resources
May 6, 2011 1:35:46 AM

hang-the-9 said:
Yep. Check ebay for replacement part or from HP. Ofcourse we'd have no clue if you personally can, you may have one arm and one eye and the shakes. But it's technically possible.


BATTERY SEEMS TO BE CHARGED, BUT i CANNOT TURN ON ANY POWER. suspect THE SWITCH
May 6, 2011 3:17:43 PM

Try powering on without the battery in, only using the power brick. It could be that is the issue also. You need to rule out a few things. 1. bad power brick 2. bad battery 3. lose power connection on the laptop 4. the power button idea 5. motherboard.

Quite a few things can cause a PC not to turn on.
May 6, 2011 7:11:11 PM

892148,5,601647 said:
Try powering on without the battery in, only using the power brick. It could be that is the issue also. You need to rule out a few things. 1. bad power brick 2. bad battery 3. lose power connection on the laptop 4. the power button idea 5. motherboard.

Quite a few things can cause a PC not to turn on.

Battery is OK.Power Brick also How do you check the others? Thanks for the help
May 6, 2011 7:59:22 PM

You'd need to bring it to a shop to have them check the connections unless you have a voltmeter and can take apart the case. How did you test the power brick? With another laptop?
May 7, 2011 5:24:49 PM

hang-the-9 said:
You'd need to bring it to a shop to have them check the connections unless you have a voltmeter and can take apart the case. How did you test the power brick? With another laptop?


Have a volt meter but no wiring diagram. asked HP , they suggested a shop also. Thanks
!