highlighted desktop icons

I was trying to move a jpeg to the desktop and after closing open IE I
noticed all my desktop icons were highlighted, I have tried backtracking
without any success. any help with this problem would be great
1 answer Last reply
More about highlighted desktop icons

    Right-click on your desktop and select:

    Properties > Desktop > Customize Desktop > Web (tab)
    and uncheck "Lock Desktop Items", click OK and APPLY.

    Also, check this setting:

    Right-click MY COMPUTER and select:
    Properties > Advanced > Performance settings >
    Visual Effects, place a check next to "Use Drop Shadows
    for Icon Labels on the Desktop", then click "apply".

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "johnjaytee" wrote:

    | I was trying to move a jpeg to the desktop and after closing open IE I
    | noticed all my desktop icons were highlighted, I have tried backtracking
    | without any success. any help with this problem would be great

Internet Explorer Microsoft Desktop Icons Windows XP