Crime & Airports

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

At almost all my cities I get warnings about the crime rate around my cities
airport and advice to put a police station there. But if I do that, the
messages keep on coming. Anyone knows a solution to this?

Thanks in advance.

Martijn.

AJ

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

You may need to place a jail somewhere in your town. Police Departments can
only hold so many criminals in their facility.

"Martijn Swart" <swart.hnospam@chello.nl> wrote in message
> At almost all my cities I get warnings about the crime rate around my
cities
> airport and advice to put a police station there. But if I do that, the
> messages keep on coming. Anyone knows a solution to this?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Martijn.

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

The crime simulator gets hung up on large structures. Basically, it picks a
random tile on the map to have a "crime event," and larger sites like
airports get picked more often.

There's no real workaround available. Best bet is just to keep your airport
isolated from your more developed districts so its high crime rate doesn't
hurt growth.

JB

"Martijn Swart" <swart.hnospam@chello.nl> wrote in message
> At almost all my cities I get warnings about the crime rate around my
cities
> airport and advice to put a police station there. But if I do that, the
> messages keep on coming. Anyone knows a solution to this?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Martijn.

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 06:18:17 GMT, Jonas Bane put finger to keyboard
and typed:

>The crime simulator gets hung up on large structures. Basically, it picks a
>random tile on the map to have a "crime event," and larger sites like
>airports get picked more often.
>
>There's no real workaround available. Best bet is just to keep your airport
>isolated from your more developed districts so its high crime rate doesn't
>hurt growth.

That's not too bad a bug, though, as it's not that dissimilar to real
life. Large buildings, particularly airports and the like, do tend to
be crime magnets.

Mark
--
--> http://www.FridayFun.net - jokes, games and ringtones! <--
"If this world makes you crazy"

"Mark Goodge" <usenet@listmail.good-stuff.co.uk> wrote in message
> On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 06:18:17 GMT, Jonas Bane put finger to keyboard
> and typed:
>
>>The crime simulator gets hung up on large structures. Basically, it picks
>>random tile on the map to have a "crime event," and larger sites like
>>airports get picked more often.
>>
>>There's no real workaround available. Best bet is just to keep your
>>airport
>>isolated from your more developed districts so its high crime rate doesn't
>>hurt growth.
>
> That's not too bad a bug, though, as it's not that dissimilar to real
> life. Large buildings, particularly airports and the like, do tend to
> be crime magnets.

The problem here is that your law and order advisor will constantly notify
you that your airport is a high crime area; no matter how many police
stations you build around the airport, the problem never goes away.