Second HD as slave no access at the documents

Hello,

I have family friends of mine. They tried alone to install a DVD-Writer and
the motherboard and cpu is dead from electrostatic electricity.

They have a lot of photos on the hard disk. The hard disk is installed with
windows xp pro, more users, all protected with password.

I tried to install the hard disc in my pc as slave to can recover their
photos.

I have troubles to access the folders.

Any help is welcome.

Thank you
2 answers Last reply
More about second slave access documents

    Access is Denied" Error Message When You Try to Open a Folder
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810881

    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User
    Microsoft Newsgroups

    "Johnny Grub" wrote:

    | Hello,
    |
    | I have family friends of mine. They tried alone to install a DVD-Writer and
    | the motherboard and cpu is dead from electrostatic electricity.
    |
    | They have a lot of photos on the hard disk. The hard disk is installed with
    | windows xp pro, more users, all protected with password.
    |
    | I tried to install the hard disc in my pc as slave to can recover their
    | photos.
    |
    | I have troubles to access the folders.
    |
    | Any help is welcome.
    |
    | Thank you

    Thanks

    "Johnny Grub" <funny@but.net> wrote in message

    > Hello,
    >

    > I have family friends of mine. They tried alone to install a DVD-Writer
    > and
    > the motherboard and cpu is dead from electrostatic electricity.
    >
    > They have a lot of photos on the hard disk. The hard disk is installed
    > with
    > windows xp pro, more users, all protected with password.
    >
    > I tried to install the hard disc in my pc as slave to can recover their
    > photos.
    >
    > I have troubles to access the folders.
    >
    > Any help is welcome.
    >

    > Thank you