Over the last few days I have been unable to watch HD flash videos on my laptop in Chrome. For example, setting Youtube to play in anything above 480 resolution would start playing the clip normally but after a minute or so the screen would go green, the video starts jumping ahead minutes at a time and it plays cracking noises. I have tried doing the usual round of troubleshooting:
- Tried disabling Hardware Acceleration on flash videos, didn't work
- Uninstalled Adobe Flash (deleted all leftover files)
- Disabled all flash components in Chrome
- Reinstalled Adobe Flash after the above
- Updated driver using Intel Driver Update Utility
I am using a Toshiba R630 with Windows 7 Professional 32bit however I believe that the problem lies elsewhere since my friend is having the same issues on a completely different desktop configuration.
It has become quite frustrating so any help would be greatly appreciated.