g5insider

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2007
i currently use my laptop to play pc games like the half life series counterstrike team fortress and so on but my main concern is having a pc that is built to play blizzards starcraft 2 the specs have not been released but im sure its gonna be high specs
im looking to build a desktop that will last me a while which is always hard because the industry is always changing
but anyway
here are some things that i wanted to put into my new build and i hope u can help

i want the new sli tech
which means i need a mobo, vid card, and cpu that all work
amazing together

i want a cpu that does about 3.0g's
suggestions needed dont no if i should go intel or amd

sound isnt a big issue i just need room on the mobo incase i decide to add a sound card
i am into studio recording so i might add a sweet card that will help me record better

suggested memory??? at least 2 gigs or ram

i need a power supply that can handle sli tech.

and i want sata cables and drives 100 gig - 500gig hd (fast)

im not big on liquid cooling id rather have a noisy comp then wake up one morning with liquid cooler all over the inside of my pc but if liquid is what keeps me from waking up with a hole in my mobo then liquid it is lol

pref a dvd r / cd r rw drive nothing fancy just something that works well

this is what i had my eyes on

CPU
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550

Video Card
XFX GeForce 8800 GTS Video Card - Fatal1ty Edition 650gpu clock speed best on market

MoBo
something that can support the cpu and video card that has sli tech

i hope someone can help me all ideas and suggestions are highly needed
im looking to put this together after xmas when ill have the money to do so
i dont want to build a pc thats around 1000 bucks i can always add a video card with
the sli tech just hook me up with a good cpu that will last me a while and a mobo that
will support my cards for a while

thanks alot
geo(g5insider)

Tactical76

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2007
If you go with the intel CPU, I recommend a board with the 680i chipset, there's a lot of them out there so you may want to start looking for one that has the features you want. I'd also up the processor a bit, the price jump to a 6750 or 6850 ins't that much.

g5insider

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2007

g5insider

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2007
power supply

OCZ Technology, Inc. News Room
OCZ GameXStream OCZ850GXSSLI ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 850Watts Power Supply 100 - 240 V CB, CE, CSA, UL
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16817341003

i just need recommendations on good memory that works good with sli tech.
and a decent sata hdd
im sure that all these things will drop in price come xmas
i plan on buying all these parts after the xmas season when things really drop but this is
my basic setup what do you think so far

g5insider

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2007
i only plan on getting one gpu for now and will add another when the time comes

umm as for the mobo whats the diff between the one i picked and the one u picked they look pretty much the same just diff colors lol and diff companies