A Walk In SimCity ???

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

Pretty sure it can't be done now, but will there ever come a version where I
will be able to walk down the streets of the SimCity I have created and just
admire my creation ???
9 answers Last reply
More about walk simcity
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

    "gilbert grape" <none@noone.com> wrote in message
    > Pretty sure it can't be done now, but will there ever come a version where
    > will be able to walk down the streets of the SimCity I have created and
    just
    > admire my creation ???

    You could do this in the SimCopter add-on for SimCity 2000. I thought
    SImCopter was a great idea and I don't understand why they haven't brought
    it back for SimCity 3000 or 4000.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

    "gilbert grape" <none@noone.com> wrote in message
    > Pretty sure it can't be done now, but will there ever come a version where
    > will be able to walk down the streets of the SimCity I have created and
    just
    > admire my creation ???

    That would be nice .I rarely do "missions" or what ever there called 'cuse I
    never feel totally in control of the vehicle.
    Going into buildings would be too much to ask though,but a look out one
    could be cool as well.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

    "Matt B." <sawdust100@hotmail.net> wrote in message

    > "gilbert grape" <none@noone.com> wrote in message
    > > Pretty sure it can't be done now, but will there ever come a version
    where
    > > will be able to walk down the streets of the SimCity I have created and
    > just
    > > admire my creation ???
    >
    > You could do this in the SimCopter add-on for SimCity 2000. I thought
    > SImCopter was a great idea and I don't understand why they haven't brought
    > it back for SimCity 3000 or 4000.

    SimCopter wasn't an add-on to SimCity2000, it was a separate game. Although
    you could use SimCity 2000 cities in SimCopter.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

    "ReddShadoe" <reddshadoe2@comcast.net> wrote in message

    > "Matt B." <sawdust100@hotmail.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "gilbert grape" <none@noone.com> wrote in message
    > > > Pretty sure it can't be done now, but will there ever come a version
    > where
    > > > will be able to walk down the streets of the SimCity I have created
    and
    > > just
    > > > admire my creation ???
    > >
    > > You could do this in the SimCopter add-on for SimCity 2000. I thought
    > > SImCopter was a great idea and I don't understand why they haven't
    brought
    > > it back for SimCity 3000 or 4000.
    > >

    > SimCopter wasn't an add-on to SimCity2000, it was a separate game.
    Although
    > you could use SimCity 2000 cities in SimCopter.

    And don't forget about the terrific Streets of Sim City. Build a city with
    giant mountain and a steep water fall and come tumblin down it in a chevy
    malibu. bwahahaha.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

    Although I have seen SimCopter and heard of the Streets of SimCity, not sure
    that either really provides the level of realism of actually walking through
    the city. (I could be wrong, but seldom see either program discussed
    here.) Not really interested in going into the buildings, just walking down
    the street and getting a 360 degree view of the action. Well maybe in
    another 5 years or so :-(

    > > SimCopter wasn't an add-on to SimCity2000, it was a separate game.
    > Although
    > > you could use SimCity 2000 cities in SimCopter.
    > >
    > And don't forget about the terrific Streets of Sim City. Build a city with
    > giant mountain and a steep water fall and come tumblin down it in a chevy
    > malibu. bwahahaha.

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

    Well when Sim City Sims [following Sims 2 and Sim City 5000] finally merge
    the two [allowing you to buy expansions that would have been only for one of
    the former games]. then you could develope the regions of cities, as well
    as families in the neighborhoods or towers in the cities and each Sim would
    work some where in your sim city region area. Copter and car rides could be
    brought back as well as sims walking its sidewalk or relaxing on a penthouse
    terrace or taking the subway to work...

    Of course this will come at a cost... namely requiring 500mb ram [just for
    the game], 50+ gb hard drive space [again just for the basic game], 128 mb
    video accelerator required [again just for the basic game] , and an internet
    connection to market new content from maxis required for the game....

    > Although I have seen SimCopter and heard of the Streets of SimCity, not
    > sure
    > that either really provides the level of realism of actually walking
    > through
    > the city. (I could be wrong, but seldom see either program discussed
    > here.) Not really interested in going into the buildings, just walking
    > down
    > the street and getting a 360 degree view of the action. Well maybe in
    > another 5 years or so :-(
    >

    >> > SimCopter wasn't an add-on to SimCity2000, it was a separate game.
    >> Although
    >> > you could use SimCity 2000 cities in SimCopter.
    >> >
    >> And don't forget about the terrific Streets of Sim City. Build a city
    >> with
    >> giant mountain and a steep water fall and come tumblin down it in a chevy
    >> malibu. bwahahaha.

  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

    "Stanley Rexwinkle" <hahntsak@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > Well when Sim City Sims [following Sims 2 and Sim City 5000] finally merge
    > the two [allowing you to buy expansions that would have been only for one
    of
    > the former games]. then you could develope the regions of cities, as well
    > as families in the neighborhoods or towers in the cities and each Sim
    would
    > work some where in your sim city region area. Copter and car rides could
    be
    > brought back as well as sims walking its sidewalk or relaxing on a
    penthouse
    > terrace or taking the subway to work...
    >
    > Of course this will come at a cost... namely requiring 500mb ram [just for
    > the game],

    >50+ gb hard drive space [again just for the basic game],

    50 GB hard drive? I'm doubting it sire ;) Doom 3 possibly the most complex
    graphically enhanced game of the time only takes up 2.2 GB. Surely you must
    have meant 5 GB, and that is a lot of graphics. Holy jeeze to write that
    many textures it would take a good 3 or 4 years even with a team as large as
    Maxis'.

    128 mb
    > video accelerator required [again just for the basic game] , and an
    internet
    > connection to market new content from maxis required for the game....

    everything else looks good. hehe atleast I hope. With the introduction of
    the new chips coming out next year and the recent 16 pipeline graphics cards
    we could be looking at much higher requirements than what you've posted ;)

    > > Although I have seen SimCopter and heard of the Streets of SimCity, not
    > > sure
    > > that either really provides the level of realism of actually walking
    > > through
    > > the city. (I could be wrong, but seldom see either program discussed
    > > here.) Not really interested in going into the buildings, just walking
    > > down
    > > the street and getting a 360 degree view of the action. Well maybe in
    > > another 5 years or so :-(

    > >> Although
    > >> >
    > >> And don't forget about the terrific Streets of Sim City. Build a city
    > >> with
    > >> giant mountain and a steep water fall and come tumblin down it in a
    chevy
    > >> malibu. bwahahaha.

  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

    my post was just to show how The Sims and Sim City franchises seem to be
    slowly merging. in fact when The Sims was first introduced Wil Wright said
    that The Sims was what he was aiming at when he created Sim City.
    the upsurdly extravacant requirements were due to the fact that by the time
    it comes out [they have to milk SC5 fans with expansions as much as Sims 2
    fans] circa 2007-8 most games will be demanding such high quality pc specs.

    bear in mind that the original Sim City probably wouldn't run under WinXP...
    so ya can't go back...

    but by that time we'll be slowly switching to the next Windows incarnation
    and Microsoft will stop supporting XP. Maxis games will only be certified
    for XP and Mac OS 9- X [most Mac users at that time being at OS XV].
    now poor people that can't afford to buy top of the line pc will be out of
    luck... but isn't that as normal?

    so enjoy this level of merging...

    "AJ" <wanink@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

    > "Stanley Rexwinkle" <hahntsak@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >> Well when Sim City Sims [following Sims 2 and Sim City 5000] finally
    >> merge
    >> the two [allowing you to buy expansions that would have been only for one
    > of
    >> the former games]. then you could develope the regions of cities, as
    >> well
    >> as families in the neighborhoods or towers in the cities and each Sim
    > would
    >> work some where in your sim city region area. Copter and car rides could
    > be
    >> brought back as well as sims walking its sidewalk or relaxing on a
    > penthouse
    >> terrace or taking the subway to work...
    >>
    >> Of course this will come at a cost... namely requiring 500mb ram [just
    >> for
    >> the game],
    >
    >>50+ gb hard drive space [again just for the basic game],
    >
    > 50 GB hard drive? I'm doubting it sire ;) Doom 3 possibly the most complex
    > graphically enhanced game of the time only takes up 2.2 GB. Surely you
    > must
    > have meant 5 GB, and that is a lot of graphics. Holy jeeze to write that
    > many textures it would take a good 3 or 4 years even with a team as large
    > as
    > Maxis'.
    >
    > 128 mb
    >> video accelerator required [again just for the basic game] , and an
    > internet
    >> connection to market new content from maxis required for the game....
    >>

    > everything else looks good. hehe atleast I hope. With the introduction of
    > the new chips coming out next year and the recent 16 pipeline graphics
    > cards
    > we could be looking at much higher requirements than what you've posted ;)
    >
    >> > Although I have seen SimCopter and heard of the Streets of SimCity, not
    >> > sure
    >> > that either really provides the level of realism of actually walking
    >> > through
    >> > the city. (I could be wrong, but seldom see either program discussed
    >> > here.) Not really interested in going into the buildings, just walking
    >> > down
    >> > the street and getting a 360 degree view of the action. Well maybe in
    >> > another 5 years or so :-(

    > chevy

  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

    TV's gilbert grape wrote:
    > Pretty sure it can't be done now, but will there ever come a version where
    > will be able to walk down the streets of the SimCity I have created and
    > just
    > admire my creation ???

    A cross between SC and GTA would be the ultimate game, ever.

    --

    Beliefs are dangerous. Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning.
    A non-functioning mind is clinically dead. Believe in nothing.

    aa #2133
    ap #19

Games Video Games