Sign in with
Your question

Recommend a small case for a mid level gaming system?

Last response: in Components
October 27, 2007 8:20:20 AM

I'm looking to build a small system that can play Direct X 9 games competently and the case is giving me the most issues - I need it to be as small as possible for transport and space reasons, but I don't want to over compromise the space inside and the cooling. What cases would you recommend?
a b ) Power supply
a b 4 Gaming
October 27, 2007 10:06:37 AM

Fry's has an antec nsk1300 micro atx cube case for $39.99 after rebate this weekend, if you live near one. Newegg has an apevia q-pack cube for $59.99 after $10 rebate that comes with a 420w ps.
October 27, 2007 10:47:47 AM

Well im getting an Thermaltake soprano there pretty good. nice and sleek with transperant side panel. also has tool less installation for PCI 5.25 and 3.25 . they fit atx and micro atx so its a mid tower
Related resources
October 27, 2007 11:24:38 AM

Psycho Savager said:
I'm looking to build a small system that can play Direct X 9 games competently and the case is giving me the most issues - I need it to be as small as possible for transport and space reasons, but I don't want to over compromise the space inside and the cooling. What cases would you recommend?

I just built a system that gave me hell (mobo memory compatibility problem) but this is the case that I used for my dad and when I build my next system it will be used for mine as well. Good luck with what ever you build!!

Case was easy to work with but type expected from something it's size. You also mentioned that you need enough room to build a gaming system... Plenty of room for a nearly high end rig!!

CPU AMD 6000+ \ ATI 2600 XT (HIS) running at a nearly full load for 2 hours had the CPU at 65c and GPU and 69c, with stock cooling. Just make sure you get a uATX mobo.

(Metal Handle) This is the case that I used cost more than the one listed below.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

(Plastic Handle)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
October 27, 2007 1:52:07 PM

I'd just grab an Antec Sonata III. Hey, it has a PSU included, and from what I hear they are pretty good.

Can anyone confirm the OEM for the PSU that comes installed on the Sonata III? I hear it is Seasonic (awesome!!!) but I am not 100% convinced.
!