My language bar is not able to display on the taskbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

tashi_rabten

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
my computer is not able to display on the language bar on the taskbar, when i go to cntrol panel, language bar preference is not in active mode,

2ndly i have the problem with CD/DVD Drive, when i insert the CD/DVD containing medias like Movie, songs etc, my computer can't read.but it can read CD/DVD containing Datas like softwares.

i don't 've any idea,,
so help and confirm me with some clues please.

kaa0653

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
Have you tried this:

To Show the Language Bar
To show the Language bar (using Classic view in Control Panel):
Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Regional and Language Options.
On the Languages tab, under Text services and input languages, click Details.
Under Preferences, click Language Bar.
Select the Show the Language bar on the desktop check box.

From http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306993

kaa0653

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
There is no preferences tab. It is on the bottom of the Settings tab after you click the details button.

From Control Panel double click Regional and Language Options
Select the Languages tab
Click Details...
Click Languages... at the bottom of the window that comes up. Notice above this button it is labelled Preferences. Is this section of the settings tab not showing?
Check Show the Language bar on the desktop

Stefan Dimov

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
I had the same problem - my Language bar button was not in active mode( in Control Panel > Reg. and Language Options> Languages > Details > Settings Tab). That was because in Advanced Tab I had checked Turn Off Advanced Text Services. Uncheck this and press Apply then go back to Settings Tab. Now Language bar button should be active.

Status
Not open for further replies.