E6750 OC to 3.0GHz on stock cooling?

Hey,

I was basically wondering if it would be plausible to OC a Intel C2D E6750 from 2.66GHz to 3.0Ghz on stock cooling. Also, I have never overclocked before, but I would be using a P35 D3SL. Would I have to take tools to the mobo or could I simply do it within the bios?

Finally, would anyone happen to have a link to a in-depth, quality guide on exactly how one should OC.

Thank you,
-Adam
9 answers Last reply
More about e6750 0ghz stock cooling
  1. A Guide is in the Bold blue lettered stickies. And yes it probably no prolem I got mine e6600 to 3.2 on stock. All you need is to turn up your fsb in the bios
  2. There's a guide in the overclocking cpu section of this board. It's a sticky. And yes, you could OC a C2D E6750 to 3.0 Ghz EASILY on stock cooling.
  3. it will run 3.4ghz on stock cooling in the proply cooled micro atx box
  4. I tried and burned my mobo and two sets of ram.
    Do it at your own risk.
    If you want more details PM me.
  5. dont listen to the above guy... probably had a bad luck with a short or something... your cpu will reach 3.0 easily.
  6. aadamszc said:
    Hey,

I was basically wondering if it would be plausible to OC a Intel C2D E6750 from 2.66GHz to 3.0Ghz on stock cooling. Also, I have never overclocked before, but I would be using a P35 D3SL. Would I have to take tools to the mobo or could I simply do it within the bios?

Finally, would anyone happen to have a link to a in-depth, quality guide on exactly how one should OC.

Thank you,
    -Adam

dude can you do me a BIG BIG BIG favor please??? can you give me the software included in your CD that comes with that Motherboard??(GA-P35-DS3L) cuz i lost it :cry:
  7. Can't you get that software of their website?

-mcg
  8. not all of it
  9. 3.4ghz e6750 425fsb muskin ddr800 4-4--3-10 set to 4-4-5-9 at 850mhz 1:1 ratio in the micro atx below(note intel cooler):

this system has a memory cooler, chipset fan mod - front fan and rear fans - good and proper air flow is key

Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Cooling Intel