Dell dock has stoped working?

BinaryBean

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
I know that there are a few post exactly like this one but they have been inactive for a year and never recieved any responses.

the problem is that my dell dock has stoped working... it's a very strange thing. Otheres have sid they even reinstalled and it still didn't work????.
It's an inspiron. I gennerally don't like the computer, but can't afford a new one at this point.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Like I've said, I have researched this for a while now and nobody seems to have the answer.
It's a challenge to all you vista pro's.....it's a really annoying thing because it creates multiple warnings and offers to send a report wich fails....
HELP!

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
Does it ask you to run it as admin? If not right click the installer and agree to run as admin.

Other things that help is uninstall the program first, restart, run a registry cleaner (I like ccleaner) and then try installing the dell dock.

BinaryBean

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
It asks me if I trust the publisher....is that what you mean?
It doesn't ask me to enter a pass wrd if that's what you mean.. but I am logged in as admin.
I'll give the registry cleaner a try tonight.... don't have the laptop at wrk.
Thanks for the suggestions

enyardica

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
i've had the same problem too! i uninstall, reinstall, restart, run a registry cleaner, etc. nothing. i think perhaps it was a vista update that's causing the problem.

bravard

Distinguished
May 31, 2010

I hope this is the place to reply to your question about the Dell Dock. I had the same problem for a couple of days. I finally restored my computer to an earlier date before the Dell Dock disappeared. It appeared and worked fine! If you are unsure how to restore, just type "restore" in the Internet Help space. It will guide you through. Good Luck!!