Unsatisfactory performance by 7950GX2

Sparko

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Ok ppl, when i built my c2d gaming rig, i was in short of a little money and bought a Nvidia6200, but just 2 weeks ago i had enuf money and i bought the XFX Nvidia 7950GX2 1GB GDDR3, and installed it to my system, but surprisingly i was kinda not satisfied with its performance, all the games i used to play gave the same fps, Only that some games i could switch from low quality gfx to medium, not evin high or something, Bleah forget ULTRA settings.
.... some sellers advised me to jump to 8800 series, but since i was very fascinated when it was released & by the 1GB it had, i had decided to buy it.
What could be wrong, DAMN!
Also, the v-card has 2dvi outputs, and i have 2 dell lcd's, but the problem is both cards work only if i install the drivers that came with the CD, if i update to the latest version from Nvidia only one display works,
man thats frustrating,

ANY HELP WOOD BE APPRECIATED ....... :fou:

Sparko

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Hmpffff... damn i know it is the best DX9 Card ... dats y i bought it ... but the performance is less than satisfactory, more over i am getting glitches in a lot of games ... Lke NFS Most wanted - lots of glitchy stuff appearing around ... annoys me alot ... HALP!!!! :(

carolina_fan

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
I have the 7950gx2 and 8800gtx.
I bought the 8800gtx because I thought I had performance problems as help. I also bought a new mobo, which happen to be DOA.

In working thru my new mobo problems, I put my old mobo and my performance problems are gone. I don't know if reseating the boards or what fixed the problem.

Anyway, I pretty much maxed out video settings in GRAW2 and Bioshock and 7950gx2 does fine. I decided to keep the 8800gtx and I am using that now, but it 7950gx2 holds it own against this card.

After install your new nvidia driver, go into the nvidia control panel and change the dual monitor settings. If have video on one monitor, it is probably set to performance where both card units act like SLI.

Sparko

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Ok well another "whats wrong" post with no system specs.
Also, when asking something and someone replies and asks you a question, maybe you should try actually answering the question.

HAVE YOU UPDATED THE DRIVERS?

Yep i have tried updating the drivers, but with the latest drivers the Nvidia control panel dosent show up where i can set dual or single monitor.

OK.heres my specs

Manufacturer: Handmade
Processor: Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 1.86Ghz
Memory: 2 GB DDR2 Kingston
Hard Drive: 320GB Seagate SATA 2
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 7950 GX2 1GB GDDR3 + TV Out (Driver V9.1.3.1)
Monitor: Two (2) x 17" Dell LCD Black
Sound Card: Sigmatel High Definiton 7.1 Surround (Onboard)
Speakers/Headphones: Altec Lansing ASC-500 Subwoofer (3pcs) ASC-250 2 Column Speakers / Logitech USB Headset
Keyboard: Dell Keyboard Black
Mouse: Genius Wireless Optical
Mouse Surface:
Operating System: Windows XP Pro