Online Store Recommendations

jmdw

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
Hello,

I'm looking to purchase a dual layered dvd burner. (IDE or SATA) I know alot of people purchase their PC related parts from New Egg. But i can't seem to trust them. I read a lot of their reviews from different customers and most of them say the same things. "My product came DOA"

Can someone please recommend me an online site that doesn't have such a high DOA rate. (lol) I know that seems crazy, but New Egg seems to have a lot of DOA's. I don't know, maybe it's the way they package their OEM products for shipping that's causing so many DOA's.

ausch30

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
I have spent countless thousands of dollars at Newegg over the years on both OEM and Retail items and I never once have had anything come DOA. All their OEM products are securely wrapped in bubble wrap and they use packing peanuts, which is a safer way to package, rather than the air filled bags that most others use. DOA products are usually a result of poor quality control by the manufacturer than a result of Newegg's shipping.

@OP: Take the customer reviews with a grain of salt. Some of those people don't know WTF they are doing. I have been doing business regularly with Newegg for ~3 years and only have had 3 DOAs. (2 were cheap PSUs that came with a case, no problem as those PSUs are cr@p, the other was a Socket 478 OEM CPU with bent pins, which I blame on UPS). Also if you look closely those products that have a high DOA are of low quality also.