Stupid question about ambient temp.

Dunkel

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
If ambient temp. is the temp. of the room in which a computer sits, then how does speed fan measure that temp.?

I was thought ambient temp was the temp inside the case. The overclocking temp guide says it's the temp in the room. Speed fan is tracking my GPU Ambient temp @ 40C at idle. Under section 5: Findings idle temp is @ 22C.

I'm really confused. Any advice?

Dunkel

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
It is, but if you have a thermometer that you can put just inside the case with the side off that's what you should do. If you don't have such a thermometer you can just take the temp of the room.

Dunkel

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
Thanks, yeah I dropped that ambient gpu temp by 6C when I turned an 80mm find to on the side of my case to exhaust instead if intake.

Daves255

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
For the most accurate results, use a thermometer outside of the intake of the case. Tjunction is also know as Core temperatures, so Core 1 and Core 2 are Tjunction temperatures. Temp 1 and Temp 2 can be other things, as in my case, one was the motherboard temp and another wasn't important. This can vary though depending on your configuration.