Adaptec - Failed Logical Device

msanjay196

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2008
Hi,

I am getting this error on a Adaptec Storage Manager.

Logical device failed

Please find attached the following print screen.

http://www.box.net/shared/cgazh0mw4o

The array is composed of 2 drives - i.e Raid 1.

I can't not see any of the drives. Surely their is a way to fix this so that you can see the hard drive which is working.

Should I delete the logical device?

thanks,
Sanjay

I cant see the screenshot, but if you disable raid in the bios, or plug the hard drive into the motherboard if you are using a raid card, then it will return to normal operation.

The raid manager should show which one has lost integrity though, If not, you will have to plug in one at a time to find the bad one.

It is possible the failure was the raid controller itself. In which case, turning off raid may solve the problem and grant you access to your data.

G

Im having the same problem.

Adaptect 2420SA controller card with driver 5.2.0.15317 installed. Adaptec Storage Manager version 4.10.00 (4813). 4X 500 GB disks - one of which was a 'hot spare'. Raid 5 configured. Server 2003 OS.

When using Adaptec Storage Manager I can see the following....
4x 500GB disks = 'optimal'
Logical device = 'failed'

When I 'right clcik' onto the logical drive I only get 4 options available:-
1. Hints and Tips.
2. Force Online. (doesnt work)
3. Delete Logical device (this warns me all data will be lost if selected)
4. Properties.

The other 8 options are grey'd out and not selectable:-
1. Clear.
2. Verify.
3. Verify with fix.
4. Expand or Change logical device.
5. Configure write cache.
6. Configure read cache.
7. change logical device name.
8. create snapshot.

Can you tell me if you managed to solve your problem and / or can somebody point me in the right direction? Im trying to recover the data if possible.
Its my first post so please dont be too hard on me if Ive not provided enough info.

Thanks

Latest posts