Thermal grease

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
No those are all horibble, nothing compares too.....*beat starts* PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME! PEANUT BUTTER JELLY!PEANUT BUTTER JELLY!PEANUT BUTTER with a baseball bat. Use peanut butter.

I want to try this on an old XP +2100 I have laying around.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
Ok, once I get my new SD card for my digital camera I'll record a youtube video of the AMD PEANUT BUTTER COMBO *fading echo of the word combo follows* I wonder if it would smell good. I also have an old P4 1.4Ghz laying around...maybe I should test that one. Pretty sure peanut butter is conductive right? The hell with it, I always wanted to stick my DMM probes into a jar of peanut butter testing for resistance. Now the biggest question of all time, nutty or smooth... nutty is a little more tastier, but smooth would make a better transfer. But since we are at it I'll do requests, just give me a normal household item that is somewhat plausible, and I'll give it a shot. BTW coretemp can read temps of old P4's right?

*edit* Should I move this to brand new thread to get this started up...who knows could be a STICKY! never know! Who new hair gel conducts heat better than Shin-Etsu or whatever it is!

beelzebub

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2004
Ok, once I get my new SD card for my digital camera I'll record a youtube video of the AMD PEANUT BUTTER COMBO *fading echo of the word combo follows* I wonder if it would smell good. I also have an old P4 1.4Ghz laying around...maybe I should test that one. Pretty sure peanut butter is conductive right? The hell with it, I always wanted to stick my DMM probes into a jar of peanut butter testing for resistance. Now the biggest question of all time, nutty or smooth... nutty is a little more tastier, but smooth would make a better transfer. But since we are at it I'll do requests, just give me a normal household item that is somewhat plausible, and I'll give it a shot. BTW coretemp can read temps of old P4's right?

But unless your heatsink's toast bread it'll just be roasting that yummy peanut butter unto the inedible heatsink.... Maybe rig pipes unto some coffee percolator-like thingie instead...

how does Arctic Silver Ceramique rank ?

Haven't tried that particular brand for performance but thermal pastes filled with ceramics (as opposed to those filled with metal oxides) generally tend to perform somewhat less that the same manufacturer's metal-oxides filled thermal paste- plus they dry up and harden over a specific period of time with highly detrimental results because they actually evaporate ever-so-slowly... It may still possibly be some new high-tech thermal paste using ceramics from Artic that can actually be better than those filled with metal oxides but honestly I seriously doubt Artic would brand it "Ceramique" if it's superior, since those cheaper "nameless" thermal pastes are also ceramic-filled rather than metal oxides... Just doesn't sound like wise marketing on their part if ever it's actually better...

How about ThermalRight Chill Factor? Is it true that it's better than Artic Silver 5- almost every reviewer who pitted these two together came off saying the Thermalright Chill Factor is better....

SpinachEater

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007

Holy F...that is brilliant!! Just like the Infinite Solutions where you can put peanut butter on your car tires for better traction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6dN8XKxs2k

P.S. I would go with crunchy Peter Pan FTW.

SpinachEater

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007

Yes. Do the YouTube video and make it look like peanut butter is better than arctic silver...and throw in some other stuff like mayo...toothpaste...Do it DO IT!!!

Dude...throw in some cooling aftershave...people will totally buy that! "It cools your CPU just like it cools your face after a fresh clean shave"

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007

Sorry for the delayed response, I've been tied up with my EVE trial and school/reports etc. I think I will give it a go on this old P4 1.4Ghz setup I have laying around. CoreTemp should work on the old architecture like that no?