even possible to extend my windows desktop to both
screens?

i would be glad about answers

greetings

archyyyy

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
You can have one GPU run two monitors, my 7800GTX can run two because I have two DVI-D outputs. Does your 9800XT have or support two output connectors? I know that your 7950GX2 can.

Yes, the 7950GX2 has two DVI outputs (also S-Video, in case one of the monitors can use that). I have an 8800 GTX and use two monitors with it. The only issues I found with this setup are:

- can't play a game and a movie at the same time (but I think a different DVD player could do it, it's just PowerDVD that goes nuts)

- clicking when the mouse cursor is just outside the monitor, in games, brings me to desktop because the driver thinks I clicked the other monitor. This is annoying if the monsters kill me before I manage to Alt-Tab back :)

I think it's risky to have both ATI and nVidia drivers installed at the same time. Try it, but make sure you backup whatever is important on the disks first. There's a DriverCleaner utility that could help too if things go wrong.

I would agree with aevm. I seem to remember that there are problems with two different vga drivers working together. Your 7950GTX2 should drive both monitors, I don't think the gpu's will each be dedicated to a single monitor. What you might do is buy the cheapest NVIDIA card that will run your secondary monitor, and is supported by the current nvidia driver. That way, no extra graphic load will interfere with the main monitor. I plan to do just that when I next upgrade my motherboard.

archyyyy

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
119337309330726200.JPG

in english :

chose multi gpu configuration on your system

multi display mode
multi gpu mode